What's new

Denon AVR-5805 (1 Viewer)

dpisauro

Auditioning
Real Name
Dan Pisauro
I recently acquired this piece of equipment from a family member. As I have no use for it, I'm looking to get rid of it. After doing a bit of research, this seems like it was a top-of-the-line receiver 10 years ago. Looks like it retailed for $5k and got great reviews. I can't locate any for sale online so I was curious if any of you knew if this thing is sought after still or just a 70 lb. paper weight. It appears as though it's in perfect condition, with remote, power cord, manual, and antenna (I think).

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
It's 1.1 (according to what I found online).

It has two sets of multichannel ins (so you could do outboard lossless audio decoding and feed the audio in that way), and it has preouts so you can connect to outboard amps... but, I don't really see a whole lot of value in it for what it does (which in modern terms, isn't a whole lot).

For someone who can use the multichannel ins and maybe needs to use it's extensive multi-zone features, it may be worth a bit (spitballing here, but I'd guess maybe $100), but I don't think you'll have people knocking down your door for it.

I'd defer to Sam, though - he's got a much better pulse of the market.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
$100 is way too low. Onkyo 7/8/9 series of the 05/06 years still command $400-$500, with the Integra versions about $100 higher.

For lossless over HDMI(does not have to use the MCH for that), you just have to have player that sends multichannel PCM(that was easy to find up to 3 years ago. Now only top models do it).

Even DVD-A/SACD can be played over HDMI from Oppo players the same way.

But yes, there are those who still desire MCH.

$600 shipped(which means $500-ish for you...) is more than fair. Cause not many people are looking for it...and Denon of that ilk are a nightmare to set up. Batpig isn't even helping on that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks