What's new

Need Suggestion For Buying Home Theater (1 Viewer)

Vrs Teja

Auditioning
My Room size is 13 X 40

i am interested in klipsch thx ultra 2 series. but its not in my budget. my budget is around $ 5000 USD. but i wanted to try only thx certified speakers.

can you help me to build a custom thx home theater.

can we buy a klipsch ref. system and add thx speakers to it.

please tell me a complete list of package along with amp.

kalm_traveler

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jake
Just out of curiosity why are you only looking for speakers which the manufacturer has paid THX for the right to label them "THX certified" ?

As I understand it, all "THX certified" means is that you are essentially paying for the THX logo. There are tons of equal or better speakers available for the same price from many manufacturers.

Also, a "THX home theater" would need to have the room built and treated to THX spec as well as using all THX-certified equipment, wiring, speaker placement etc.

I think all of that could easily surpass your budget.

vidiot33

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
I would also suggest you look at other non-THX speakers, including Ascend Acoustics (my brand), and SVS. THX speakers were not well received in the market place, and the premium in cost has even kept THX receivers from becoming mainstream.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I will post here just to add to the discussion on THX. There is no reason to seek out THX certified speakers. If the ones you like happen to be certified, so be it. But don't rule out others because they are not.

Assuming your room is enclosed and the ceilings are not very high, you don't need too much power to get decent sound. You will need to invest in a decent sub. I would start my search by auditioning speakers and see what you like. Then check out internet direct companies like Axiom (not as bright as Klipsch but closer to their sound) and SVS for the subwoofer (and maybe speakers). Plan to spend at least $1000 on the sub and around $700 on the receiver. That leaves a lot of money for the speakers - you can get great quality at that price.

Now if you insist on THX, I can't help much. The only receiver I ever had that was certified has been replaced with a much better (newer) Denon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks