What's new

Smallville CS bought from Ebay....HELP! (1 Viewer)

smurr051958

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
scott murr
Not sure where to go with this on the forum BUT need help with this "Bargain", Smallville set I bought on Ebay for $100.00 First the discs are in plastic sleeves which I never knew WB did with this set and most of all the discs will not play on either of my BR players!!! Does anyone else smell "Bootleg" here, or have any similar experiences with this set? Any input would be GREATLY appreciated-

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I don't own the set but some pictures of the set and the plastic sleeves might help someone else ID it as legitimate or bootleg.

What does the back of the discs look like? Does it have the usual silver look of a DVD or is it purple?

Does the eBay seller have a lot of feedback and is there any accusations of bootlegs in his feedback?

I certainly can't make any guarantees but eBay's buyer protection policies will likely get you your money back if it's a bootleg.

smurr051958

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
scott murr
No way to upload pictures...sorry BUT the message on my player(s), stated "NO DATA ON DISC" Each player from a different Co. Yes the discs were silver on the bottom But packaged in plastic sleeves Which WB said they never did with this set when I called and spoke to a CSR. Case and books look legit BUT again the dvd's will not play or load at all and my BR players have NEVER had trouble playing SD discs before! VERY puzzling to say the least. Ebay seller only has 16 sales to date but good feedback-

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
smurr051958 said:
No way to upload pictures...sorry BUT the message on my player(s), stated "NO DATA ON DISC" Each player from a different Co. Yes the discs were silver on the bottom But packaged in plastic sleeves Which WB said they never did with this set when I called and spoke to a CSR. Case and books look legit BUT again the dvd's will not play or load at all and my BR players have NEVER had trouble playing SD discs before! VERY puzzling to say the least. Ebay seller only has 16 sales to date but good feedback-
If Warners told you that they never used those sleeves and it's not playing on your player, I'd guess that it's a bootleg. I'd contact the seller and ask for a refund since the discs won't play and because Warners told you that they didn't use those sleeves. If he doesn't refund your money, I'd contact eBay to get your money back.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Do the discs or packaging say it's for a different Region than you're in; it's for Europe and you're in America?

But sounds like a scam and you need to file a report with eBay.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks