What's new

Best Blu Ray, DVD, CD Repair Machine for Home Use? (1 Viewer)

macfan601

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert
As my disc collection is starting to grow into the thousands I am finding myself purchasing more and more used discs as that is the only way I can get some of the older OOP TV shows. Also, DVDs just naturally seem to erode faster. With that in mind I have been looking for a way to clean and repair discs that is cost effective for home use. In my area (mid Michigan) a couple of guys have started up a small chain of stores for selling used media (Media Reload). I have purchased quite a bit from them. They have a business grade, professional, disc repair machine that can make even the most rough looking disc look brand new. Problem is the disc repair machine that they use costs nearly a thousand dollars. Spending that much money is not practical for home use. Wally World and others have consumer grade disc repair machines under fifty dollars, some of them even manually operated, but I am just not sure they can do the job. What I am looking for is something in the range of one hundred to two hundred dollars, is motorized, and can stand up to a dozen discs being repaired a week. I am currently looking at the JFJ Easy Pro. Anyone have any experience with this machine?

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
(On a giant huge tangent).

This may sound very silly and/or extreme.

With many titles I'm interested in showing up in the local dump bins, sometimes I just buy another copy of the dvd (or bluray) for $2 or $3 as a "backup" copy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks