What's new

Announcing The HTF 2015 Hollywood Meet (NOW BOOKING!) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Home Theater Forum Hollywood Meet 2015
We are very excited to announce our plans to return to Hollywood this October for our 2015 Home Theater Forum Meet! If you love movies and home theater you won't want to miss it. Come with us as we get insider behind the scenes access and spend the day at Fox, Disney, Paramount, Dolby and more. In the evenings meet with other HTF members as we host events including Q&A with Nick and Julie from Twilight Time. These are unique experiences not available to the general public, but as an HTF meet attendee, you get access to everything "behind the scenes."​
WHEN
Sunday October 11 - Saturday October 17, 2015. Sunday and Saturday will be designated as arrival and departure days.​
WHERE

HTF attendees will be staying at the Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel. The hotel is giving an exclusive reduced rate of $160 per room per night plus tax (limit 2 attendees per room). This rate includes in-room internet access (normally a $15 additional charge per night). We will provide an opportunity to find a roommate to those who are seeking one for the week in order to reduce lodging costs.​
Hotel will also extend this rate for a few days prior to and post event for those that wish to vacation in the area.​
COST
Attendees will be responsible for their room cost at the Marriott, some meals and $230 per person for the entire week. That price includes van transportation to and from the hotel to scheduled events for the entire week and some group meals.​
Price does not include hotel room (at $160 per night), personal meals and airfare. Please note that we work with our scheduled visits to include as many meals as possible.​
HOW TO ATTEND
Only a few slots remain. You may begin the booking process by adding your name to the list here. Once you confirm, an additional email will be sent to you regarding how to submit your deposit and book your hotel stay.​

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Ron and the HTF staff,

Thanks for giving this opportunity again.

I signed the wait list.

I will add in small information from having gone in the past.

When you want to eat on your own there are a few places just a few steps away from the hotel.

In case someone was worried about having to travel to eat.

Panda Express

McDonalds

Denny's

Marriott's Hotel Daily Grill (Breakfast-Dinner & Happy Hour)

Starbucks

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I might be able to make it to this. Now I remember why I don't do LA area hotels...

Have a friend in Long Beach and another in Reseda. Both would even provide a spare car.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I'm in. There's only the slightest chance now that I wouldn't be able to join, and I'll know for certain very soon.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
Ron,

I assume we need a quantity of 2 in the cart to sign up for my wife and myself?

Thanks!

Joe

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Joe Wong said:
Ron,

I assume we need a quantity of 2 in the cart to sign up for my wife and myself?

Thanks!

Joe

Yes, I signed up and my wife will probably also be attending.

Sorry, I didn't see a quantity box.

captgoodguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Russell
I also put 2 in the cart for my wife and me. Could there be a trip to In-N-Out Burger in our future?

mjrush

Premium
Real Name
Mac Rush
We signed up. Burbank is nice historic airport and the hotel is within walking distance. We walked last time and it only took a few minutes but it does depend on your definition of walking distance.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
From having went in 2012, if I remember correctly, the hotel does offer free shuttle service to hotel and airport.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I deeply regret that I will not be able to attend this time =( I very much would like to and helped Adam and Ron with some of the pre-trip feedback and planning, but I will be doing a 2 week trip to Alaska with my parents this year, cruise and rail to Denali. Even if I could cover the added expense there is simply no way I could get off from work 2 months later after having burned through 2 weeks of vacation.

It's my sincere wish that you guys have the best time ever, and it is my DEMAND that you take a ton of awesome pics and videos to share with those of us who can't make it.

And one request: Have a double double Animal Style for the Doc and me! We'll be there with ya in spirit!

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
That's appreciated, but if it ain't with a pile of HTFers half of whom are just being introduced to the mystery of the secret menu it just ain't the same! So the challenge remains ON.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
My standard order at In-n-Out is a 3x3 animal style, so I got you covered Sam. Sorry you won't be with us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks