What's new

It! The Terror From Beyond Space (1958) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

JeffT.

Deceased Member
latest

How would you like to tangle with this predatory "Reptilian Horror"?! It would tear you apart limb-from-limb!

This indestructible wantonly savage Martian Marauder was the creative handiwork of 1950s American-International Pictures monster maker Paul Blaisdell (IT CONQUERED THE WORLD and INVASION OF THE SAUCER-MEN).

I was (rightly) expecting this to come from Kino just like I was expecting (recently announced) Vincent Price titles to come the Scream Factory.

It appears (or is apparent) that companies are competing for whatever they can get from the MGM-United Artists film library (which includes 1960s American International Pictures releases).

it-the-terror-from-beyond-2.jpg

Jeff T.

:D

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Critics in general appear to have disliked this movie, but I think it now deserves a second look. Earlier editions of Maltin's guide gave this a one-and-a-half star rating, but the newer ones have added a star. This was a childhood favorite of mine on suburban New York television (WPIX, if I'm not mistaken), and even today I do not consider it a guilty pleasure. I think, in spite of its necessarily (due to budget) cheesy elements, that it is a good monster movie. It has atmosphere, a kinda cool spaceship interior, decent acting by almost everyone (and no insufferable comic relief bozo as producers felt had to be included in most such films of the day), eerie Paul Sawtell/Bert Shefter score, and the best monster costume their money could probably have bought. And it's really pretty darn suspenseful...you can see the influence it had on Ridley Scott's ALIEN. My vote: two-and-a-half stars (maybe even three, while watching with a bunch of kids who never saw it before!)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks