What's new

The Man From Colorado (would make a great blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
The Man from Colorado.jpg

This film is a beautifully shot and very intense psychological western that I think is sadly overlooked. Glenn Ford and William Holden headline a strange and violent film that really is a precursor to The Searchers and the westerns of Anthony Mann. I really think this film was ahead of its time in terms of subject matter and level of violence. I don't want to give away much about the plot but Ford plays a man that appears to have been driven to madness by the Civil War and can't control his urge to kill. Holden plays his best friend and former second in command that has become painfully aware there is something wrong with his friend. What plays out is a very nasty bit of business where Ford's character could explode in a murderous rage at any second and features some pretty fantastic acting from both Ford and Holden.

If you have not seen this film I highly recommend it and the current DVD does wonderfully show off the truly eye-popping color photography. Complex characters, an intense story, gorgeous color photography, and excellent acting headlined by Ford and Holden make this one not to miss and a film that would make for a stunning blu-ray.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I don't use iTunes so did not know that but that's very interesting that they already have an HD master out there. I think anybody that has seen this film knows it screams to be presented in HD.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
You can pick up the DVD for a song on Amazon and as DVDs go it is a pretty fabulous presentation. I mean in terms of the DVD format it may be one of the best looking DVDs I have ever seen...which is in part why I think it would make such a fantastic blu-ray.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
So, I was going to put this in the Western Wish List thread as I would love to see this on Blu-ray then recalled I once wrote something about it here.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
So, I was going to put this in the Western Wish List thread as I would love to see this on Blu-ray then recalled I once wrote something about it here.
I think you should mention in that other thread you've started. I haven't seen this film for a long time and I'd love a Sony-inspired Blu-ray disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks