Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

M*A*S*H* 2nd season in MAY !!!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 of 18 OFFLINE   Mark Silver

Mark Silver

Stunt Coordinator

• 170 posts

Posted January 05 2002 - 03:35 AM

Not only I am sitting at home enjoying MASH Season 1, but an insert says that the 2nd season will be released on May 3rd, 2002. I am psyched. That means roughly 3 seasons a year for 4 years and the whole collection will be out. That means I will have MASH's 11 seasons before Stargate SG-1 six seasons.

Anyway thought I would pass on the good news.

#2 of 18 OFFLINE   Jordan_E

Jordan_E

Screenwriter

• 2,233 posts

Posted January 05 2002 - 05:30 AM

Thanks for the good word, Mark! I was hoping they would bring out more than one season a year, or I may not live long enough to see them all!Posted Image
And you believe, at heart, everyone's a killer...

#3 of 18 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted January 05 2002 - 06:57 AM

Incredibly awesome! That one goes on the wishlist RIGHT NOW!!! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#4 of 18 OFFLINE   Ian Such

Ian Such

Stunt Coordinator

• 59 posts

Posted January 05 2002 - 07:17 AM

Great news - I'm waiting for my copy of Season1 to come (should be this coming week), can't waitPosted Image

#5 of 18 OFFLINE   chris c

chris c

Stunt Coordinator

• 208 posts

Posted January 05 2002 - 08:40 AM

Yeah, just got season 1 yesterday and am thoroughly enjoying it. I will be ending my collection with season 3 or 4, depending on when Wayne Rogers and Maclean Stevenson left the show. I really only can watch M*A*S*H with the original cast - I never liked BJH, etc. So, my collection will be complete in the near future!

Anybody else miss their green M*A*S*H t-shirt and know where to get a new one?

#6 of 18 OFFLINE   Tim Travis

Tim Travis

Agent

• 39 posts

Posted January 05 2002 - 09:04 AM

Wouldn't that mean it would come out on a friday? Mine just says it is coming out in may. Either way, it is great news, it would take a while to get them all with only one or two a year.
Tim

#7 of 18 OFFLINE   GlennH

GlennH

Screenwriter

• 2,126 posts

Posted January 05 2002 - 10:55 AM

Quote:
Anybody else miss their green M*A*S*H t-shirt and know where to get a new one?

Here's a few places with M*A*S*H T-shirts:

http://www.yque.com/a370.html
http://www.geocities....shtshirts.html
http://www.thesupply....com/990929.htm

#8 of 18 OFFLINE   Thomas Hart

Thomas Hart

Stunt Coordinator

• 64 posts

Posted January 05 2002 - 02:41 PM

I saw this insert also stating May as the release date for season 2, which now seems kind of obvious (Memorial Day). I expect November to be the release date for season 3 (Veteran's Day).

Anyway, I'm really glad FOX included this coming soon insert, if for nothing else, to cut down on the number of posts asking when the second season of MASH is coming out (like the Simpsons posts I keep seeing)!

Oh, and this Season One set is awesome! Thanks FOX!Posted Image

#9 of 18 OFFLINE   IanS

IanS

Stunt Coordinator

• 92 posts

Posted January 06 2002 - 05:44 AM

As far as I am concerned, the seasons with Henry Blake and Trapper John are the only ones to buy.

Ian

#10 of 18 OFFLINE   Coressel

Coressel

Supporting Actor

• 668 posts

Posted January 06 2002 - 06:47 AM

Ian, I sort of feel that way too. But I do like some of the "transitional" episodes from other seasons, like Trapper leaving and BJ taking his place, Potter's entrance, Burns leaving and Charles coming in. I'm not sure if I'd want every last episode from all the remaining seasons.

#11 of 18 OFFLINE   Lance Nichols

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor

• 729 posts

Posted January 06 2002 - 07:53 AM

One of the episodes I still remember clearly (other then Goodbye, Fairwell, Amen) was the episode with Col. Blake being posted out of Korea, and Radar's stunned, heart stricken look as he stumbled into the OR to report the news of the Col.'s death. "I have a message: Lt. Col. Henry Blake's plane was shot down over the Sea of Japan. It spun in. There were no survivors."
Powerful episode.

I think one of the closest shows to reach that level with me of late was last season's BtVS and "The Body". Now to get back to the thread, I too was happy to see the "coming soon" insert in my Copy of M*A*S*H. Now if only my local store could get more copies of the Movie in stock before Tuesday...

"Here is Edward Bear, coming downstairs now, bump, bump, bump, on the back of his head, behind Christopher Robin. It is, as far as he knows, the only way of coming downstairs, but sometimes he feels that there really is another way, if only he could stop bumping for a moment and think of it."

#12 of 18 OFFLINE   gregstaten

gregstaten

Supporting Actor

• 601 posts

Posted January 06 2002 - 08:30 AM

I'll probably buy every season. Not because I'm a completist...okay - I am a completist...but because this show has a very special place in my heart.

About 12 years ago my mother died of colon cancer. M*A*S*H was her favorite show and I fondly remember watching an episode with her every evening during the six months she fought the cancer. (We also watched a ton of musicals - she was a choreographer. Musicals also hold a special place in my collection.)

Like music, I often collect DVDs because of a certain emotional connection to the movie/show.

-greg

#13 of 18 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,283 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted January 06 2002 - 09:22 AM

I'll probably buy the entire series so I can decide for myself when, if ever, I feel the show "lost it."

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I am going to boycott The Walt Disney Company until then.

#14 of 18 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted January 06 2002 - 11:55 AM

I think you're all nuts. The show never lost it, not once in the 11 year run! It was terrific right up until the end.

Yes, the tone changed and so did the characters (not just people, like Burns to Winchester and Trapper to BJ and Blake to Potter...but also personalities, like Hawkeye and Hot Lips; they had MAJOR changes over the years the show went on).

But the popularity remained high. In fact, I recall that when it was announced they would end it, there was a general outcry. BUT...everyone was getting tired and they decided to end it on a high note.

And a high note it was. If nothing else, most of you who say you wont get the whole thing, you'll still get the last season just for "Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen".

Now All In The Family, IT lost it!
DAVE/Memphis, TN

#15 of 18 OFFLINE   ScottR

ScottR

Screenwriter

• 2,650 posts

Posted January 06 2002 - 03:19 PM

Does anyone remember "After M*A*S*H" ?? Now, that is for completists. Posted Image

#16 of 18 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,206 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted January 06 2002 - 05:11 PM

Quote:
last season's BtVS and "The Body".

huh? what does that mean??
facebook.com/whotony

#17 of 18 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted January 06 2002 - 10:16 PM

Quote:
Does anyone remember "After M*A*S*H" ?? Now, that is for completists. Posted Image

Yeah. I thought about asking Peter Staddon about it, 'cuz I could be considered one of those completists. Posted Image

But, after all, it's probably too much to ask for. So I've just left it alone. If they came out, though, I WOULD buy 'em...even if it was to just watch them once.

On a similar note, I wouldn't mind having the TV Series "Trapper John, M.D."! Posted Image
DAVE/Memphis, TN

#18 of 18 OFFLINE   Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

Producer

• 5,287 posts

Posted January 07 2002 - 01:19 AM

Yeah when they killed off Edith, that was not the right thing to do, So all in the family definately did drag on too long, but there's alot of funny stuff in between
My DVD Collection

The Megaplex

Forum Nav Content I Follow