What's new

Thrift Store Find (1 Viewer)

WA7ZBO

Auditioning
Real Name
Larry Jacobs
I was dropping off some clothes at a local thrift store called Deseret Industries. When I'm there I like to cruze the electronics section to see what others are donating. There surrounded by old furniture were two box black speakers. The makers tag indicated they were NHT AVT2 S.N. 005817 and 005818. A quick check on my cell phone gave me 1995 prices of $1300 each! Checking the sticker said they were asking $200 each......hmmm.....something wrong here. Getting the manager over he laughed and said someone goofed, should be $20. SOLD!!!. The only reason they were still there for me to find was that $200 tag.
Getting them home and hooking up to my garage system (2-QSC 950, Bose EQ, 4- Bose 502 Panaray line radiaitors, 2- Bose 502 subs) they souned terrific. Really takes the watts to run them but a couple industrial strength 950 watt amps don't mind.
Now they are headed to my basement theater along with a VT-1C center speaker I bought on Ebay. Total cost under $100, not bad.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The only thrift store AV stuff I found today were a pair of KLH 912B for $20. Still too much.And I laughed, till I cried...Sony 42" SXRD that was DVI(2000, 2001?)...for...$400.

Defshep

Agent
Real Name
Vance
I love checking out the local pawn shops. You really can find the occasional diamond in the rough. Unfortunately, the Internet makes it easier for them to find the actual value. Fortunately, not many pawn shop customers will pay big prices, so negotiations are always in order:).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks