What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Under Fire -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Two very serious dramas by two fine filmmakers, released just three years apart, the overall tone of which are very different.

I've always seen Oliver Stone's Salvador as almost a buddy picture, that just happens to take place in a very serious place during a very unfortunate time in its history.

Roger Spottiswoode's Under Fire, comes off as a far more satisfying and believable film. Although obviously a Hollywood production, at times it almost has a documentary feeling to me.

Twilight Time's new Blu-ray, via MGM is a very good looking presentation. With what appears to be a clean element as a source, one will have a very pleasant couple of hours viewing.

Photographed by John Alcott.

Image - 4.5

Audio - 5

Pass / Fair - Pass

Recommended

RAH

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I was so pleased when TT announced this -- one of the films from the 80's that I most admire. I've owned it VHS, Laser and DVD, and it always looked off to me, not the richer color scheme that I seemed to recall from the theatrical release. This Blu-ray looks and sounds splendid, so thanks Nick and company!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks