What's new

2014 & 2015 TV Guesses (1 Viewer)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Dear Guys:

Last year about this time, I started compiling a list of tv shows that I guessed would come out in 2014. So far, I got 4 out of the 25 that I allowed myself. Those I predicted right included:

Pinky, Elmira and the Brain
Wizards and Warriors
Adam West Batman ( I half suspected because of gossip during 2013's San Diego Comic Con).
Bret Maverick.

Shows I was wrong on:
Hec Ramsey
The Magician
Twelve O' Clock High
Garrisons Gorillas
High Chapparal
Project UFO
Banana Splits
The Farmer's Daughter (my biggest longshot outside of the Adam West Batman).

Anyway, I've started my "guestimate" list for 2015. Are there any out there, starting their own?

James

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
2014 was surprising.WKRP, Wonder Years, and Batman would each be a major, surprising, release Of the year candidate for any year... And then they all get released within a month of each other.I don't think 2015 will be that surprising, but I do expect Shout to continue with Fox and Sony complete series sets (like an Unedited, complete Rhoda, Diff'rent Strokes, Maude, Archie Bunker's Place), and maybe we'll finally see Green Acres completed.I also expect King of the Hill to be completed, and maybe we will get some nice DS9 news.Otherwise, I'm content to wait and see.

maskedmala

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Maurice
The Obsolete Man said:
2014 was surprising.WKRP, Wonder Years, and Batman would each be a major, surprising, release Of the year candidate for any year... And then they all get released within a month of each other.
Don't forget Sgt. Bilko as release Of the year candidate as well.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
We'll see more Warner titles wrapped up next year. "Dr. Kildare" and "Daktari" for certain. As for Warner titles that might appear next year, I'll go out on a limb with these five:The Eleventh HourGoodnight BeantownPrivate BenjaminJericho (66-67)McClain's Law

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I can't remember for sure about the one's I was right about. I think I predicted Bronco, but I was totally wrong about 77 Sunset Strip, sadly.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Jack P said:
As for Warner titles that might appear next year, I'll go out on a limb with these five:Goodnight Beantown
Add Enos to that list, and I'll be a happy camper as far as Warner is concerned!

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
For 2015:

Hawaiian Eye (Season 1 or Best Of release)
Sunset Strip (Season 1)
Jericho
Lawman
One Day At A Time - (Seasons 2+)
Maude - (Seasons 2+)
Different Strokes - (Seasons 5+)
Love Boat (Licensed) - The Complete Series
Happy Days (2 seasons)
Gunsmoke (2 seasons)
Bonanza (2 seasons)
Beverly Hillbillies - Season 5 (Fingers crossed)
Green Acres (Seasons 4,5,and 6)
Medical Center - Season 7 ( I think 6 will be released before the end of this year)
Daktari - Season 4
Kildare - Season 5 (Ditto on 4 being released before end of year 2014)
Mayberry RFD - Season 2
Bronco - Season 3
Spenser For Hire - Seasons 2 and 3
Goodnight Beantown

Some oddball predictions:

Julia
High Chapparal
Fantastic Four (Animated 1966)
Green Hornet
Trackdown
Tightrope

And 2 music nightmare possibilities for the Time/Life annual release:

1) Drew Carey (The Complete Series)
2) Cold Case (The Complete Series)

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
I can offer my predictions for 2015.Bachelor FatherColt .45Pistols-n-PetticoatsBurns and Allen (Seasons 3-8)The InternsManhunt (1959-61)The Detectives w/Robert TaylorLancerCusterHigh ChaparralMr. TerrificCaptain NiceAnd I can go on and on, but I'm not, but we'll see if any of these come true!

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
In the Kid Show Department:

Hot Wheels

Skyhawks

Run Joe Run

Westwind

Devlin

These were the Days

The Adventures of Gulliver

The New Adventures of Huck Finn

Fantastic Voyage

Journey to the Center of the Earth

Lassie's Rescue Rangers

The Hardy Boys (Animated 1969 Series)

Emergency+4

The Lone Ranger (1966 Animated)

In the ZIV Category:

Annapolis

Miami Undercover

Men into Space

Waterfront

Harbor Patrol

I Led 3 Lives and just about anything else ZIV Produced (IMO These shows are certified Butt Kickers!) :ph34r:

From the Obscure Show Department:

Three For The Road

Doc Elliott

Sierra

Chopper One

Firehouse

Cannonball

Primus

Gemini Man

Quinn Martin's Tales of the Unexpected

Time Express

Other Programs:

Rin Tin Tin

Whirlybirds

Disneyland/Wonderful World of/Color/Wonderful World of Disney

Mickey Mouse Club

The New Micky Mouse Club

And of course Lassie (IMO This would be a GREAT SHOW for Time-Life to pick up!) :thumbs-up-smiley:

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Peyton Place Peyton Place!!!!!!The show is a perfect fit for the Fox Archives collection.The show was a huge hit and now is the time to release it.Fox read the current reviews from Amazon and and give one of your greatest hits a release.Mark

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Probables:

Gunsmoke Seasons 12 & 13 (CBS/Paramount)
Happy Days Seasons 7 & 8 (CBS/Paramount)
Lost in Space (restored/remastered) 50th Anniversary Complete Series box (Fox)
Green Acres Complete Series box (Shout)
The Bob Newhart Show Individual releases of Seasons 5 & 6 (Shout)
Zane Grey Theatre Seasons 4 & 5 (Timeless)
Burke's Law Season 2 (Timeless)
Dr. Kildare Seasons 4 & 5 (Warner Archive)
Daktari Season 4 (Warner Archive)
The Donna Reed Show Season 2 (reissued) and possibly Season 6 (MPI)
The Rifleman Season 3 (LGL Licensing)

Possibles (not that all of these will be released, but some sub-set of these conceivably could be, I'd think):

Terriers (Shout, Olive Films or Fox MOD)
The Rebel (Timeless)
The Westerner (Timeless, Olive Films or Fox MOD)
The Avengers Season 4 (the b&w "Emma Peel" episodes) on Blu-ray (U.S. company: ???, but not Lionsgate which apparently only has Blu rights to the color Season 5 episodes)
The Rogues (Timeless or Fox MOD) --'off the shelf' transfers
12 O'Clock High Season 1 (Timeless or Fox MOD) --'off the shelf' transfers
The Dakotas (Warner Archive)
The Thin Man Season 1 (Warner Archive)
The Travels of Jamie McPheeters (Warner Archive)
The New Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (Warner Archive)
Bonanza Season 8 (CBS/Paramount)
High Chaparral Season 1 (CBS/Paramount)
Love Boat Season 3 (CBS/Paramount)
Nanny and the Professor (Shout or Fox MOD)
The Ghost & Mrs. Muir (Shout or Fox MOD)
Alfred Hitchcock Presents Season 7 (Universal MOD via Amazon)
The Alfred Hitchcock Hour (Shout or Time-Life/Starvista)
Name of the Game Season 2 (Timeless)
Kolchak: The Night Stalker complete series reissued on single-sided DVDs (Shout/Scream Factory)
Darkroom (Shout/Scream Factory)
Amos Burke: Secret Agent (Timeless or Fox MOD)
Lupin the Third Series 2 (1977) - reissued (Discotek)
Either an Ed Sullivan Show or Hollywood Palace big "Best of" collection (Time-Life/Starvista)

Longshots:

My Three Sons Seasons 1-5 (the black & white "Bub" years) box set (CBS/Paramount via Shout)
The Beverly Hillbillies Season 5 (CBS/Paramount)
Coronet Blue (CBS/Paramount via Shout/Timeless or VEI) --'off the shelf' transfers
Longstreet (CBS/Paramount via Shout/Timeless or VEI) --'off the shelf' transfers
The Immortal (CBS/Paramount via Shout/Timeless or VEI) --'off the shelf' transfers
The Magician (CBS/Paramount via Shout/Timeless or VEI) --'off the shelf' transfers
One Step Beyond (Definitive Edition) Season 2 (CBS/Paramount via Shout/Timeless or VEI)
Journey to the Unknown (Shout/Scream Factory or Fox MOD) --'off the shelf' transfers
The Jack Benny Program The Lost Episodes Vol. 2 (Shout)
Fantasy Island Season 4 (Shout)
Green Hornet (Shout or Fox MOD) --only if the rights problems somehow got cleared up at the same time that those with Batman did
Blue Light (Timeless or Fox MOD)
I'm Dickens... He's Fenster Season 1, Vol. 2 (Lightyear/E1 Entertainment)
77 Sunset Strip Season 1 (Warner Archive)
Hawaiian Eye Season 1 (Warner Archive)
Captain Nice (Shout/Timeless)
Beany & Cecil Vol. 3 (Hen's Tooth or some other label)

A snowball's chance in hell:

T.H.E. Cat (Universal)
Dragnet (1950s, official release, Universal)
Amos & Andy (CBS/Paramount)
Way Out (CBS/Paramount)
Bus Stop (Fox)
Adventures in Paradise (Fox)
The Lineup (Sony)
SCTV remaining unreleased episodes (Shout)
The Outer Limits (original) restored/remastered for Blu-ray (MGM) --if this was ever in the cards, it would've been done for the series' 50th anniversary in 2013 (or, tardy, during 2014)... I'd guess our best bet now would be just for the old transfers to be reissued on single-sided DVDs as a Complete Series set, probably via Shout/Timeless, since the previous dual-sided DVD-18 collections in R1 have been out-of-print for a while.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
If I had a release schedule for 2015

1. Finish Quincy. I want to purchase Quincy, but I want to ensure all the seasons are released.

2. Sierra and Emergency+4 - I would love to see these two series combined in one released. You could called it Emergency! Bonus

3. Serpico

4. Remaining season of Baa Baa Black Sheep

5. More growing pains

6. Hogan Family

7. The Ropers/Three's a Crowd

8. Remaining Police Women seasons

9. Remaining Rookies Season

10. More Police Story

11. More Falconcrest

12. More Fantasy Island

13. Fantastic Journey

14. Box set of the untouchables

15. Firehouse

16. Hooperman

17. Fast Times at Ridgmont High (TV series)

18. Delvecchio

19. Green Hornet

20. Amazing Spiderman (TV series - late 1970s)

Cartoons

1. New Adventures of Gilligan

2. Partridge Family 2200AD

3. These our the days...........

4. Jeannie

5. Devlin

6. Banana Splits

7. Gulliver

8. Skatebirds

9. Harlem Globe Trotters

10. Journey to the Center of the Earth

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Some realistic possibilities and some purely wishful thinking...

Alfred Hitchcock Presents Season 6 (re-released on pressed discs) and Season 7 (released on pressed discs)

The Alfred Hitchcock Hour (all 3 seasons on pressed disc)

Kolchak: The Night Stalker (re-released on single-sided discs)

Amazing Stories: The Complete Second Season (released on pressed discs)

The 39-disc The Complete Avengers 50th Anniversary Edition DVD set (released in Region 1)

Perry Mason Movie Collection Volume 5

The complete series of The Rebel

The Rifleman: The Complete Third Season

The complete series of Cliffhangers!

The complete series of The Defenders

The Wild Wild West Revisited and More Wild Wild West tv movies as separate releases they are currently only available iwth the complete series release)

The following 8 “missing” Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! episodes comprised Season 2 of The Scooby-Doo Show in 1977 as segments on Scooby's All-Star Laff-A-Lympics:

[*]The Curse of Viking Lake
[*]Vampire Bats and Scaredy Cats
[*]Hang in There, Scooby-Doo
[*]The Chiller Diller Movie Thriller
[*]The Spooky Case of the Grand Prix Race
[*]The Ozark Witch Switch
[*]Creepy Cruise
[*]The Creepy Heap from the Deep
[/list]
The following 4 “missing” Dynomutt episodes comprised Season 2 of The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour (these 4 episodes were renamed The Blue Falcon & Dynomutt) in 1977 as segments on Scooby's All-Star Laff-A-Lympics:

[*]Beastwoman Parts 1 and 2
[*]The Glob Parts 1 and 2
[*]Madame Ape Face Parts 1 and 2
[*]Shadowman Parts 1 and 2
[/list]
Darby

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Darby67 said:
The following 8 “missing” Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! episodes comprised Season 2 of The Scooby-Doo Show in 1977 as segments on Scooby's All-Star Laff-A-Lympics:

[*]The Curse of Viking Lake
[*]Vampire Bats and Scaredy Cats
[*]Hang in There, Scooby-Doo
[*]The Chiller Diller Movie Thriller
[*]The Spooky Case of the Grand Prix Race
[*]The Ozark Witch Switch
[/list]
Darby
You missed two Scooby episodes from 77, The Creepy Heap From The Deep and Creepy Cruise.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Peter M Fitzgerald said:
Longshots:

My Three Sons Seasons 1-5 (the black & white "Bub" years) box set (CBS/Paramount via Shout)
The Beverly Hillbillies Season 5 (CBS/Paramount)
Coronet Blue (CBS/Paramount via Shout/Timeless or VEI) --'off the shelf' transfers
Longstreet (CBS/Paramount via Shout/Timeless or VEI) --'off the shelf' transfers
The Immortal (CBS/Paramount via Shout/Timeless or VEI) --'off the shelf' transfers
The Magician (CBS/Paramount via Shout/Timeless or VEI) --'off the shelf' transfers
One Step Beyond (Definitive Edition) Season 2 (CBS/Paramount via Shout/Timeless or VEI)
Journey to the Unknown (Shout/Scream Factory or Fox MOD) --'off the shelf' transfers
The Jack Benny Program The Lost Episodes Vol. 2 (Shout)
Fantasy Island Season 4 (Shout)
Green Hornet (Shout or Fox MOD) --only if the rights problems somehow got cleared up at the same time that those with Batman did
Blue Light (Timeless or Fox MOD)
I'm Dickens... He's Fenster Season 1, Vol. 2 (Lightyear/E1 Entertainment)
77 Sunset Strip Season 1 (Warner Archive)
Hawaiian Eye Season 1 (Warner Archive)
Captain Nice (Shout/Timeless)
Beany & Cecil Vol. 3 (Hen's Tooth or some other label)

A snowball's chance in hell:

T.H.E. Cat (Universal)
Dragnet (1950s, official release, Universal)
Amos & Andy (CBS/Paramount)
Way Out (CBS/Paramount)
Bus Stop (Fox)
Adventures in Paradise (Fox)
The Lineup (Sony)
SCTV remaining unreleased episodes (Shout)
The Outer Limits (original) restored/remastered for Blu-ray (MGM) --if this was ever in the cards, it would've been done for the series' 50th anniversary in 2013 (or, tardy, during 2014)... I'd guess our best bet now would be just for the old transfers to be reissued on single-sided DVDs as a Complete Series set, probably via Shout/Timeless, since the previous dual-sided DVD-18 collections in R1 have been out-of-print for a while.

Never Say Never. At this time last year who'd know not one, but THREE "Grail Shows" (China Beach, The Wonder Years and Batman would FINALLY get legit Releases. :banana: I'm sure some of the shows I listed will get releases, but not all of them (If they did I'd be more broke than I am now)! :laugh: :rolling-smiley:

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Lots of stuff I'm hoping for and much more that I'd love to see happen but don't expect to, so for the sake of brevity, I won't really get into it since many of the bases have already been covered in this thread and I'd mostly be just echoing what other's have said. So here are some thoughts that aren't just repeats of what other's have said.

Something that doesn't get mentioned much is Image hopefully tackling Combat! again and on Blu-Ray. I'd love to see them follow-up on their excellent Blu-Ray releases for The Twilight Zone and The Dick Van Dyke Show and revisit this one again, as well. Of the three, it also needs it the most (Although I didn't dislike the earlier transfers nearly as much as many did).

Something should be happening in 2015 for Make Room for Daddy, supposedly. I didn't see that one mentioned.

Hoping to see some news on Petticoat Junction. Hopefully CBS continues this themselves with season 4 in the spring or at least licenses it out.

Hoping to see something with Ozzie & Harriet next year, even if it's just season 1 licensed out to someone like MPI. It's at least a start.

The King Family have been doing some nice DVD releases of late. This classic 60's family oriented musical variety show seems to be overlooked in our community of classic tv fans of that era, but I'm hoping to see some more next year.

http://www.officialkingfamily.com/

I'd like to see CBS revisit Blu-Ray and hopefully strike the right formula this time. Going to be sad if I Love Lucy and The Andy Griffith Show, at the very least, don't have their entire runs (Or at least the B&W era for Andy) redone to the same level of quality.

And for something else likely, hopefully there's more remastered season sets of Little House on the Prairie next year on DVD/Blu-Ray. Hoping to see at least another three seasons being done over the next year, with the show completed by the end of 2016 (Minus, possibly, a movie set in 2017 with the three post-series movies so as to not release too much stuff in close proximity to each other).

And I'd like to see more single sided Universal rereleases as do several others in this thread. I'd especially like to see season one of the trio of big Jack Webb programs see rereleases on single sided DVD's (And season 2 of Emergency! also was double sided and could use replacement... although I'd really like to see this program be redone entirely with their new HD transfers on Blu-Ray).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks