What's new

Onkyo offering to repair Receivers 2009-2012 HDMI Issues (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Wow, great timing! I'm having these problems. And I'm eligible for this support! Thanks for the sticky thread!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Wonder if that means they are simply switching boards. I have a dead(again) 707 and a 807 that I use the "heat up the chip" trick. But, the 807 board is discolored from the heat...

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
schan1269 said:
Wonder if that means they are simply switching boards. I have a dead(again) 707 and a 807 that I use the "heat up the chip" trick. But, the 807 board is discolored from the heat...
If I was you, I would check the links I posted in the first post to see if any of those two units are under this extended warranty and if they are, I would send them in.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Glad to hear turnaround time could be fast. Onkyo has a reputation for very slow repair service. I hope to get it fixed before Thanksgiving. I also hope to have minimal time without the receiver.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
My second 818 receiver shipped yesterday so I'll have that by Wednesday which will make it ten days from the day of shipment from me to Onkyo and then back to me on both receivers.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Update, I just received the second 818 receiver today so it's less than ten days for both of them. I'm posting this information as I know there are other HTF members out there that have Onkyo receivers from 2009-2012. Even though my 3010 hasn't exhibited any of these problems I'm going to check to see if it qualifies for this warranty extension and if it does then I'm sending it in too.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Tested the first 818 and it works perfectly. I'll test out the second 818 tomorrow as I'm currently working on another HT project called getting my video library in order. By the way, my 3010 qualifies, but I'm undecided whether to send it in at this time.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I've got notice the return box is shipped. If it arrives tomorrow, I can get the receiver out before my next business trip, which would be really helpful.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Onkyo box arrived. This is clearly a significant problem, because they're putting some expense into sending a quality box, foam packing materials, packing tape, and pre-paid Fedex label.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
DaveF said:
Onkyo box arrived. This is clearly a significant problem, because they're putting some expense into sending a quality box, foam packing materials, packing tape, and pre-paid Fedex label.
When they extended their warranty until 2018, you knew it was a significant problem.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Finally got around to putting the 707 and 807 into the system...Anyway, anybody looked inside to see if they repaired the HDMI board or swapped it out?Hopefully a swap out...

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
schan1269 said:
Finally got around to putting the 707 and 807 into the system...Anyway, anybody looked inside to see if they repaired the HDMI board or swapped it out?Hopefully a swap out...
I didn't look inside as I tested both of my units over the last ten days or so and they work perfectly. With the quick turnaround, I suspect they just swapped out the HDMI boards.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
AVR is back from repair. About three weeks total, from when I first saw this thread. Less than two weeks total time from when I got the box, and that includes round-trip shipping.

Now for the "fun" part: reconnecting it and figuring out all the right settings. And finding a quiet afternoon to run Audyssey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks