What's new

Going to Dragon Con this weekend (1 Viewer)

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
No but please take some pics while your're there!
Jeff

tyler O

Stunt Coordinator
I'll be working the event. :) Looking forward to going and having a great time as usual.
------------------
Share and Enjoy - The marketing division of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation.

Bruce F

Agent
Real Name
Bruce
Heh...
Every SF convention I've been to have been pretty much "24 hours" of running wild.
I've managed the two of the SimuCon events, which are pretty much four straight days of partying. My biggest worry was people getting sick. Two years ago, I spent most of my time calling for an ambulance :)
Bruce

Steven K

Supporting Actor
Dragon Con... truly one of the most frightening experiences for the "non gamer" in the world. Being stuck in a gathering place with swarms of Dungeons and Dragons players who are attempting to hit the person next to them with a 30 point fireball, or the mob of people speaking Klingon to each other, and to top it off, none of them have showered in the past 30 days.
biggrin.gif

Reminds me of all the Magic: The Gathering Pro Tours, Grand Prix, PTQs, prerelease tourneys, etc... that we used to go to :)

tyler O

Stunt Coordinator
Now it's not that bad. Some of us go for the odd movies we can't see in our Podunk town of Athens (which we do get some, but not enough) and Elberton. :) Granted I do shower daily, but, it seems, (to quote one of the more revered on this forum) the unwashed masses do seem to make up quite a bit of the mass. I just like hanging out with my friends. And some not so friends.
P.S. I think Iron Monkey will be showing on Saturday. How's that for enjoyable! :)
------------------
Share and Enjoy - The marketing division of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation.

Darren Mortensen

Stunt Coordinator
Get lots of PICS and [ost them for us! Say "Hello" to Anthony C3PO Daniels for me!
------------------
Darren in Kansas City

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm hoping this cold I just picked up doesn't affect my stamina in chasing down all the appearances of the "stars". I still can't believe I snapped over 1600 digi-photos last year. I do not intend on topping that number this year. If I get half as many, I'll be happy.
------------------
PatCave; HT Pix; Gear; DIY Mains; DIY CC; Sunosub I + II + III; DVDs; Link Removed

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, Dragon Con has come and gone. My right knee is killing me from all the walking around. The dealer's room was way too small (and the aisles got really crowded on Saturday and Sunday). The Walk of Fame was also too small a space, and it was awfully hot with all those bodies in the room trying to make their way to the actors/actresses from many fan-pleasing sci-fi/fantasy TV shows and films. But many of the panels were a riot (if you ever get a chance to attend a convention that has Harlan Ellison there, go to all of his panels, well worth the cost of admission). The Babylon 5 panel was pretty good (the cast members seems to have a good time with each other and their stories are quite humorous).
I think I managed to take only 800-900 photos, and have begun the process of organizing them, so one of these weeks, I'll be able to post a link to all of the photos once I upload them to my webspace. Stay tuned.
------------------
PatCave; HT Pix; Gear; DIY Mains; DIY CC; Sunosub I + II + III; DVDs; Link Removed

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Every SF convention I've been to have been pretty much "24 hours" of running wild.
There's nothing quite like a hoard of geeks taking over a hotel for a weekend. They used to do a "Radcon" thing here. I never went, but a lot of people I knew did. I've heard enough wild stories about these geek conventions to decide that I will never attend one despite the fact that I, too, am a proud geek. (although I take showers on a daily basis, shave, and get my hair cut when necessary, so that really makes me an outcast in the eyes of my fellow geeks)
------------------
-Ryan (http://www.ryanwright.com )
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
Teach him to use the HTF and keep him occupied for life.

Brent Cantrell

Stunt Coordinator
Hey man, if you see me there say hey! I'll be the guy wearing the t-shirt that says, 'I will not instigate revolution' and carrying a helmet.
Hope to see you there!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks