Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The King and I (Blu-ray) Single Available for Preorder

Fox

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

#221 of 222 OFFLINE   classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy

Screenwriter

• 1,845 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted October 25 2014 - 11:21 PM

I actually wound up buying 2 copies of "Lost Horizon" on Blu-ray (something I sometimes do with titles I particularly enjoy - like a safety-measure).  The first time I saw this film was when I was 12, at home recovering from some weird viral infection when I suffered hallucinations and this film - playing as the 'Afternoon Movie' on television, seemed to fit my present condition.  

Specific scenes stuck in my head - Liv and the kids singing "The World is a Circle" and Michael York dragging Olivia Hussey through the snow only to discover she had turned into an old woman.  For years afterwards I wondered if the film was 'trippy' or if my illness had made it so.  

"When I get a little money, I buy movies.  If there is some left over I'll attend to utilities and groceries".

My DVD and Blu-ray collection - http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/

#222 of 222 OFFLINE   OliverK

OliverK

Screenwriter

• 1,673 posts

Posted October 26 2014 - 07:58 AM

davidmatychuk  has just announced on another thread that he bought the new stand-alone Blu-ray of "The King and I" and the sad news is that, as expected, it is the same ghastly blue tinged version.

Oh well, maybe in a couple of years time we may get a decent and proper 4k version.

Here's hoping.

Doug.

Anything else would have been a big surprise especially given the fact that there was no previous announcement that it would be corrected.

I wonder what Fox has to say about all these titles from them that came out so wrong. So far I cannot remember that anybody from Fox said anything about the color timing in The King and I and some other more hotly disputed titles like The Blue Max.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users