What's new

Definitive BP10B vs BP2000 and SVS sub dilema (1 Viewer)

abracadaben

Auditioning
Real Name
benoit
Definitive BP10B vs BP2000 and SVS sub dilema
Hi guys,
first post here.
biggrin.gif

So here is what Im looking for advice on.
I am upgrading my BP8B to BP10B (I use SR8040BP as surronds right now).
I also bought a SVS PC12-NSD which I should get sometime today.
my current room is 18x15 and has an opening onto a much larger room. Im planning to move in about 1year and will get a much bigger room.

I found a deal on a pair of BP2000 in excellent shape which are cheaper than the BP10B new...

So here are my questions:
1) is the BP2000 much better than BP10B (accuracy etc...) or is the BP10B better since newer...
2) I know the BP2000 will probably be overkilled for my room size right now, but will it actually be a deal breaker? Like room way to small for bp2000 and everything will sound crappy
3) Should I keep the SVS when I get the 2000
4) would the combo bp10b be better than bp2000?
5) Im working on speaker placement and Im wondering, what's the ideal placement for these speakers BP10b and BP2000?
6) for the BP2000 should the sub face inward?

thanks gents
ben

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Def Tech needs to stop calling the powered woofers...a subwoofer. But Polk/Def Tech has more money than I do.To me, there is no speaker "too big" for any room...unless talking about ESL or planar(look up Martin Logan and Magnepan if you need to).Anything directional, in a box, can go in any room.I would buy the 2000. Especially since they will be less money. More beer, pretzel and...more important, BD money.

abracadaben

Auditioning
Real Name
benoit
great, thanks. I was actually thinking I might go wireless for the SVS if I go bp2000 so I can put it in the back. I guess Ill try different placements.

what is the guideline for the BP placements? how far from the wall and how much tilt?

thx again

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Speakers should always, always, face you.You and them, should be an equilateral triangle.How close to the wall is your choice. Want/need a lot of wall enhancement, put them close to the wall.Sub goes where it sounds best.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks