• Please log in to reply
395 replies to this topic

#381 of 396 ONLINE   atfree

atfree

Supporting Actor

• 958 posts
  • LocationBoiling Springs, South Carolina

Posted Yesterday, 08:00 AM

Come on Criterion.  Let's continue the large format releases like Khartoum which you released last year!  How about an uncut MacKenna's Gold for starters!  What happened to the elements of Porgy and Bess and The Big Fisherman?

As I've stated before, I'm all in for MacKenna's Gold. I think a BD of this would be spectacular from TT!

• SAhmed and John Hermes like this

Now you listen to me, I'm an advertising man, not a red herring. I've got a job, a secretary, a mother, two ex-wives and several bartenders that depend upon me, and I don't intend to disappoint them all by getting myself "slightly" killed.  Roger Thornhill (Cary Grant), Hitchcock's North By Northwest (1959)

My Blu-Ray Collection: http://www.blu-ray.c...on.php?u=153595

My modest setup: TV- Panny TC-P46ST30; HT- Panny SC-BTT370 Blu-ray Home Theater System; Satellite: Directv HR24 HD-DVR; Gaming: Sony PS3

#382 of 396 ONLINE   trajan

trajan

Supporting Actor

• 755 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:06 AM

Oohhh.....nice!

Love to see MAN FOR ALL SEASONS---. LION IN WINTER???  You hinted on Facebook we might also be getting MISSISSIPPI BURNING or HAWAII.  Regards, Larry Bender.

#383 of 396 ONLINE   atfree

atfree

Supporting Actor

• 958 posts
  • LocationBoiling Springs, South Carolina

Posted Yesterday, 09:44 AM

Love to see MAN FOR ALL SEASONS---. LION IN WINTER???  You hinted on Facebook we might also be getting MISSISSIPPI BURNING or HAWAII.  Regards, Larry Bender.

The Lion in WInter has been released in other regions (including a region-free release in Spain... http://www.amazon.es...=A1AT7YVPFBWXBL so hopefully this bodes well for a US release soon.

Now you listen to me, I'm an advertising man, not a red herring. I've got a job, a secretary, a mother, two ex-wives and several bartenders that depend upon me, and I don't intend to disappoint them all by getting myself "slightly" killed.  Roger Thornhill (Cary Grant), Hitchcock's North By Northwest (1959)

My Blu-Ray Collection: http://www.blu-ray.c...on.php?u=153595

My modest setup: TV- Panny TC-P46ST30; HT- Panny SC-BTT370 Blu-ray Home Theater System; Satellite: Directv HR24 HD-DVR; Gaming: Sony PS3

#384 of 396 OFFLINE   Paul Rossen

Paul Rossen

Second Unit

• 483 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:14 PM

Watch this space! :)

Re: A Man For All Seasons. Good blu news indeed!

#385 of 396 OFFLINE   John Hodson

John Hodson

Producer

• 4,458 posts
  • LocationBolton, Lancashire

Posted Yesterday, 01:53 PM

Lord, I love this film, from Georges Delerue's absolutely gorgeous score, to Robert Bolt's perfect screenplay and Paul Scofield's majestic performance. I am so in.

So many films, so little time...
Film Journal Blog
Lt. Col. Thursday: Beaufort; no preliminary nonsense with him, no ceremonial phrasing. Straight from the shoulder as I tell you, do you hear me? They're recalcitrant swine and they must feel it...

#386 of 396 OFFLINE   Twilight Time

Twilight Time

Stunt Coordinator

• 123 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:59 PM

POPULAR

Regarding A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS, we have no scheduled release date yet, but are hopeful of mid-2015. Grover and his stellar team are currently prepping the restoration, and so you all know the results will be more than worth the wait!

• Brandon Conway, John Hodson, JohnMor and 8 others like this
";s:7:"insider

#387 of 396 ONLINE   Billy Batson

Billy Batson

Screenwriter

• 1,446 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted Yesterday, 03:11 PM

Regarding A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS, we have no scheduled release date yet, but are hopeful of mid-2015. Grover and his stellar team are currently prepping the restoration, and so you all know the results will be more than worth the wait!

That's good news, as this was on the telly in (so called) HD a while ago & it looked pretty awful, so looking forward to seeing the real thing.

#388 of 396 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,215 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted Yesterday, 03:25 PM

Hope it works out, as that would be just in time for all the Orson Welles Centennial celebrations that are happening next summer. :)

Edited by Brandon Conway, Yesterday, 03:26 PM.

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#389 of 396 ONLINE   Billy Batson

Billy Batson

Screenwriter

• 1,446 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted Yesterday, 03:41 PM

Hope it works out, as that would be just in time for all the Orson Welles Centennial celebrations that are happening next summer. :)

Ah, & next year is the Frank Sinatra Centenary as well.

• Persianimmortal likes this

#390 of 396 OFFLINE   Keith Cobby

Keith Cobby

Supporting Actor

• 878 posts
  • LocationKent "The Garden of England", UK

Posted Yesterday, 04:20 PM

Thank you.

#391 of 396 OFFLINE   JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,355 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted Yesterday, 08:57 PM

This announcement has made me a VERY happy man!

#392 of 396 OFFLINE   Michel_Hafner

Michel_Hafner

Supporting Actor

• 770 posts

Posted Today, 01:18 AM

Which means it's a 4K restoration. I want a 4K BD.  :)

#393 of 396 ONLINE   Persianimmortal

Persianimmortal

Supporting Actor

• 995 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted Today, 04:33 AM

Ah, & next year is the Frank Sinatra Centenary as well.

Correct, we need more Sinatra on Blu - The Tender Trap and Some Came Running are two classic Sinatra films that look quite good on DVD, so they should be ready for release on Blu. Do it for Ol' Blue Eyes :)

#394 of 396 OFFLINE   RolandL

RolandL

Screenwriter

• 2,335 posts
  • LocationCromwell, CT

Posted Today, 05:53 AM

I really enjoyed Man in the Dark. Hoping for another 3D title in 2015. Maybe The Mad Magician, Fort TI or Miss Sadie Thompson? Adding one or two of the Three Stooges 3D shorts to a title would be a bonus.

• Brandon Conway and bruceames like this

Roland Lataille
Cinerama web site

#395 of 396 ONLINE   bruceames

bruceames

Second Unit

• 395 posts

Posted Today, 09:01 AM

I enjoyed Man in the Dark too.    An classic example of an average film being enhanced by great 3D effects.

#396 of 396 OFFLINE   Kyrsten Brad

Kyrsten Brad

Second Unit

• 485 posts
  • LocationMerritt Island, Florida

Posted Today, 10:10 AM

Correct, we need more Sinatra on Blu - The Tender Trap and Some Came Running are two classic Sinatra films that look quite good on DVD, so they should be ready for release on Blu. Do it for Ol' Blue Eyes :)

And don't forget Anchors Aweigh, On The Town and Take Me Out To The Ball Game .

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Twilight Time

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users