What's new

Multi-Channel / Multi-Device Streaming Option (1 Viewer)

Michael Konen

Auditioning
I have a friend that is looking for a specific feature and was wondering if this group could help me identify a solution. My friend is looking for the ability to stream multiple devices (WiFi or Bluetooth) to different zones within the home. Essentially they're trying to mimic the feature that is displayed in this Sonos commercial but with a wired solution. Are there any receivers that could accomplish this? Thanks for the help.

Sonos -

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
By "wired"...Do you mean speaker wire?Do you mean analog? Do you mean coax/ Toslink?Do you mean HDMI?Do you mean ethernet? If you mean any of the first four...It is called multi-zone.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Every AVR is limited to one Net/bluetooth/USB device at a time(no, that does not mean 3. It means if net is in use, you can't use the other two).How many zones(rooms)?How many sources? (And they would be what?)The answers to those two questions determine cost.

Michael Konen

Auditioning
I'm not very sure, but for estimating purposes lets say 5 zones and 4 sources (most of them being smartphones or maybe the occasional computer).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks