What's new

Gilligan's Guests (1 Viewer)

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Today's Game

Without peeking, name the famous guest star and the espisode they appeared.

I'll get the ball rolling with my own favorite (and of my favorite eps of any show ever).

Phil Silvers (The Producer)

This epsiode taught me more as a kid than any given ep of Sesame Street. At age 8, I not only learned about Hamlet, but the opera Carmen as well. Who woulda thunk it? LOL.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
It's been too long since I saw the show to say. But your question makes me want to see it again someday. Used to watch it all the time as kid.

Walsh61

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Garth Lough
It's been a number of years since I saw it, but the episode where John McGiver played the guy hunting for the rare butterfly on the island was one I always liked. One of many I should say. Always loved Gilligan's Island and I always thought the regular cast was the highlight of the show.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
While the ones I get the biggest kicks out of featured only the regular cast (and usually involved dream sequences), I do remember liking Zsa Zsa Gabor as Erica Tiffany Smythe, although I can't recall the episode title. And while I don't think it was a famous guest star, I really liked the one that spoofed "The Most Dangerous Game," with the big game hunter hunting Gilligan.

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
JohnMor said:
While the ones I get the biggest kicks out of featured only the regular cast (and usually involved dream sequences), I do remember liking Zsa Zsa Gabor as Erica Tiffany Smythe, although I can't recall the episode title. And while I don't think it was a famous guest star, I really liked the one that spoofed "The Most Dangerous Game," with the big game hunter hunting Gilligan.
It was Rory Calhoun (The Texan)

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Phil Silvers starring in a Harold Heckuba production, written and directed by Harold Heckuba.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Seems like I remember Don Rickles (of all people) guesting on show. Anyone confirm this?

Brian McP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Sorry, no guest stars but probably the most gutbusting episode of the entire series -- they find a movie camera and film, make a movie to get themselves rescued -- naturally they don't get rescued, but their film wins the Cannes Film Festival.

Too many gags and magnificent performances to mention here....who needed guest stars?

shoeshineboy

Second Unit
Real Name
dan olson
I'll revive this dormant (Not unlike the Island's Volcano!) thread with which episode featured Larry Storch as a Bank Robber?

Storch was always good at chewing the scenery... As mentioned above, the phil silvers episode, with the musical Hamlet, was the top for me -- although any dream sequence one, whether its the Professor doing his bad Cary Grant, or Gilligan as super spy, were highlights.
On another note, one of the other episodes I always loved was the one where the Mosquitos land on the Island, and the girls create the cool band the Honeybees. I was watching a Perry Mason episode on Me-TV a few weeks back, it was a 1966 episode and I forget the name, but early in the show a woman is shown lounging on her bed, alone. On the radio is playing the Honeybees' song, You Need Us, minus the vocals! I found it funny and surreal, though no doubt there must be some rational link.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks