Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Ok, I guess I'm a stereotype...

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,550 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted May 18 2014 - 06:29 PM

I am listening to Liza Minnelli Live at Carnegie Hall which I bought blind based on an ecstatic review back in the mid 80's. I had never seen her perform except for the movie Cabaret on network TV. Well, maybe it's because I'm a gay man, but I am listening to this concert and absolutely loving it. Ring Them Bells is my favorite as is the 25-minute Kander & Ebb medley of songs they specifically wrote for her. Wow. If you want to hear showmanship at its best, check out this double CD ($15 at Amazon).

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,584 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted May 19 2014 - 05:18 PM

I'm not a LIza fan at all, but I do have that double cd and she really is fantastic.  Truly thrilling.  

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Mikael Soderholm

Mikael Soderholm

Second Unit

• 478 posts
  • LocationStockholm, SWEDEN

Posted May 25 2014 - 08:13 AM

Liza absolutely rocks, or rocked, anyway.

I have the 'Liza with a Z' DVD, absolutely fantastic!

Also, if you don't already have it, 'Results', with the Pet Shop Boy is one of the best CDs to come out of the 80s.

Also, in the overlong 'New York, New York' movie, she also performs wonders, especially this: 'Liza Minnelli's "And The World Goes Round", which takes place in a recording studio, is the only song in the movie performed live as filmed, as opposed to lip-synched to a pre-recorded soundtrack.'.

A first take, if I am not mistaken, or at least a single one: http://www.spokesman...kander-and-ebb/

/Mikael

- "Do you indulge in any form of worship?"
-"Life. I love life, very much indeed."
David Bowie interviewed by Russell Harty, 1973

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users