Ok, I guess I'm a stereotype...

Discussion in 'Music' started by Steve Tannehill, May 18, 2014.

1. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    I am listening to Liza Minnelli Live at Carnegie Hall which I bought blind based on an ecstatic review back in the mid 80's. I had never seen her perform except for the movie Cabaret on network TV. Well, maybe it's because I'm a gay man, but I am listening to this concert and absolutely loving it. Ring Them Bells is my favorite as is the 25-minute Kander & Ebb medley of songs they specifically wrote for her. Wow. If you want to hear showmanship at its best, check out this double CD ($15 at Amazon).

2. JohnMor

JohnMor Producer
    Supporter

John Moreland
    I'm not a LIza fan at all, but I do have that double cd and she really is fantastic. Truly thrilling.

3. Mikael Soderholm

Mikael Soderholm Supporting Actor

Mikael Söderholm
    Liza absolutely rocks, or rocked, anyway.
    I have the 'Liza with a Z' DVD, absolutely fantastic!
    Also, if you don't already have it, 'Results', with the Pet Shop Boy is one of the best CDs to come out of the 80s.

Also, in the overlong 'New York, New York' movie, she also performs wonders, especially this: 'Liza Minnelli's "And The World Goes Round", which takes place in a recording studio, is the only song in the movie performed live as filmed, as opposed to lip-synched to a pre-recorded soundtrack.'.
    A first take, if I am not mistaken, or at least a single one: http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2014/may/09/interplayers-show-pays-tribute-to-kander-and-ebb/