What's new

Resurrection (ABC) - season 1 (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
So did anyone watch this show? My wife & I enjoyed it. Just hate how they leave you with so many questions and you have to wait another year (if it's renewed) to hopefully get some answers.

On a side note. Cannot believe the Sheriff is Hardware from "Meatballs". :)

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
I watched the show and thought the first 3 episodes were pretty solid, but then it seemed to lose me. Too many character stories.

If the show follows the book (The Returned) then you won't get any answers unless the writers decide to come up with their own explanation of why people are coming back to life. The story lines of trying to explain why this is happening would be fascinating with a few stories of how people are dealing with loved ones coming back. Just think you could have an episode where Elvis is playing Vegas again!

Joe S

Second Unit
No recent postings- anyone still watching?

I thought the method of "escape" from the government compound was rather extreme, but given the logic of the situation, a stroke of genius.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
I can't recommend the French TV show enough - it is available and a far better take on the concept than Resurrection. Will be interested to see how closely they stick to the French version - and given that Season 2 of the French version I think is only just gone into production after nearly 2 years, I expect the US version will probably go in a different direction.

As to Resurrection, Im still watching it but its pretty dull at the moment. It looks likely it will be cancelled too.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I hope they explain what the heck is going on before it does end.

Also, so who is the good and who is bad?....The Preacher or the baby.

Most shows would have the preacher the bad guy and the baby good. It would be interesting to see that flipped around.

Joe S

Second Unit
I guess it's too early to know if the show's been renewed for a third season and the season finale last night shows it. They did resolve the immediate crisis and we are left to wonder what will follow. I expect it will not get renewed.

The new wave of "returned" would be an interesting problem to deal with worldwide, but the series wasn't meant to deal with that. How Rachel's baby would influence things might be the next phase but would have to take place years later.

That's the pitfalls of TV, not knowing how long your show will run.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Joe S said:
I guess it's too early to know if the show's been renewed for a third season and the season finale last night shows it. They did resolve the immediate crisis and we are left to wonder what will follow. I expect it will not get renewed.

The new wave of "returned" would be an interesting problem to deal with worldwide, but the series wasn't meant to deal with that. How Rachel's baby would influence things might be the next phase but would have to take place years later.

That's the pitfalls of TV, not knowing how long your show will run.
Looks like Todd s got his wish :)

A very strong finale (but then I said the same about Season 1). I would expect a time jump if they did decide to renew, but it is unlikely. Plenty of threads left unresolved but not too unsatisfactorily in that the show's coda did tie up the loose ends of the season.

To be honest if they do renew, I might give it a shot at Season 3, but I won't be particularly disappointed if they don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks