MGM Fox

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
190 replies to this topic

#181 of 191 Wayne_j

Wayne_j

Second Unit

• 497 posts

Posted May 13 2014 - 04:42 PM

The line in question occurs at 14:58 into the blu-ray.  Listening to my most hi-fi listening device (Sennheiser HD600 headphones) I still hear the line as reported by the OP.

#182 of 191 Bob_S.

Bob_S.

Supporting Actor

• 603 posts

Posted May 13 2014 - 05:50 PM

Boy, I came late to the party. I can't believe this has gone on for TEN pages! Anyways, I listened to the clip several times and to me I hear an overlapping of 2 voices. The first says "cut", while the second says right after "suckers". I distinctly hear "cut" not "c***". Not paying attention to it, I can easily understand someone hearing those not so good words.

#183 of 191 Michel_Hafner

Michel_Hafner

Supporting Actor

• 736 posts

Posted May 14 2014 - 04:04 AM

Also, for what it's worth, the wav file sounds somewhat different from what's on my blu-ray.  That's why I think the compression of the sound may be playing a part as well.

The WAV is not compressed. But it's only the center channel.

#184 of 191 lukejosephchung

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter

• 1,162 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA., USA

Posted May 14 2014 - 09:15 AM

I have to say without commenting on the veracity of the OP that I find this thread weirdly perverse...and that I'm deriving tremendous entertainment from reading it!!! :P

• ahollis and Cremildo like this

#185 of 191 Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,167 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted May 14 2014 - 12:10 PM

Yes, they and the title above your avatar are tied to post count.  If a user has a badge (moderator, reviewer, etc) then that will show in place of the generic gold statues that look different enough from an Oscar to avoid any scuffles with the Academy :)

I thought we were allowed to edit our title? I have.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#186 of 191 McCrutchy

McCrutchy

Stunt Coordinator

• 206 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted May 14 2014 - 08:48 PM

The best part of this thread is that different members' wives all immediately heard the word "c**ksucker", it makes me think that they're all going from what is most familiar to them (similar to how some people hear what they want to hear) if you get my meaning. I wonder if the mixing was deliberate, to send subliminal messages?

In any event, I listened to the file, and while I want to hear the naughty word, I cannot. At best, you could perhaps mistake "punks" for "cocks" (chickens, of course), but I'm having difficulty with the "ucker" part, because the volume necessarily dips, since it isn't the same person talking. As far as I'm concerned, he is clearly saying "Break it up, you punks!" and then someone else interjects.

• Mark B and Cremildo like this

#187 of 191 JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,235 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted May 14 2014 - 08:54 PM

Actually they are investigating the issue.They have  already apologised for the  problem. They have also  asked for  several additional details. They  cannot   lose their reputation   should  a  person responsible for  the restoration, change some words  as an ego trip. Two other friends  who have viewed the  film,also heard the same   words. It does make you wonder what else  is out there  where the restorer has   done  similar  tricks.  If  you had heard the  words you would  know that they were inserted by someone during the restoration. The very slight split second pause  beforehand and a different voice  makes it obvious.

Has Fox gotten back to the OP, beyond apologizing for the problem?

#188 of 191 haineshisway

haineshisway

Screenwriter

• 2,134 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted May 14 2014 - 09:06 PM

Has Fox gotten back to the OP, beyond apologizing for the problem?

I think we all know the answer just as I think we all know no apology has been issued - apology for WHAT exactly?

• Will Krupp and John Maher_289910 like this

#189 of 191 John Maher_289910

John Maher_289910

Second Unit

• 285 posts

Posted May 15 2014 - 06:27 AM

Right.  We're sorry for your hearing a word that for some reason you seem predisposed to hear, but isn't on the soundtrack of a film we released on home video.  Please accept our apology, and know that we are investigating this, as our reputation is at stake.  Sincerely, Your Friends at Fox

#190 of 191 cinerama10

cinerama10

Second Unit

• 305 posts

Posted May 15 2014 - 04:39 PM

I think we all know the answer just as I think we all know no apology has been issued - apology for WHAT exactly?

Yes they did  send an apology and  a few days later also contacted me again  and  offered a  replacement disc if I returned the original one.I declined as it is now a collectors item. I thought that  I mentioned this in a previous comment.I also make Fox  aware of this  site in order for them to   see that others   heard the same words.

#191 of 191 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,183 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted May 15 2014 - 04:45 PM

And I will accept that as the final word...close this thread...and allow us all to head off in other directions of the forum.

Thank you.

[If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM me.]

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MGM, Fox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users