What's new

Bermuda Tentacles? (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I noticed that this syfy movie was staring Linda Hamilton of Terminator fame. I DVR'd it because I was hoping this syfy Saturday night special might be a cut above the typical fare. WRONG!

I just watched about 20 minutes of it till the first commercial. As usual the monster appears within the first 10 minutes. As usual the sfx are subpar. As usual the script and acting are all VERY sub-par. Wooden acting, trite dialogue and plot.

Worst of all is how disappointing Linda Hamilton was. Sometimes an actor can rise above the dreck and make the movie watchable. Unfortunately, she was just part of the dreck. I know she can act, but maybe she's forgotten how, or she just couldn't bring it with such crap all around her.

I remember her in a TV movie back in 1998 (looked it up on IMDB) called Point Last Seen. That was an excellent movie and she was great in it.

Ok, this may be sexist, but I'm going to say it anyway: Linda looked like 100 miles of bad road. I was not expecting that.

Highly recommended that you skip this piece of flaming excrement. Those of you who recall my review of Big Ass Spider, this is worse. I finished that movie, but I couldn't take more than 20 minutes of this one.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Saw a commercial for this last night, hoping I'd catch it in the future. Bumped into Lake Placid 3 & 4.

I'm shocked at how many A-, B list "stars" are doing this kind of stuff.

They're surprisingly talented. How I the world could you call up the emotion and talent to do this kind of crap and even begin to act "serious"? I even saw one coming up on syfy with Victor Garber?Some friends and I were talking and apparently as their careers fade, anything for a paycheck.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Stan said:
Some friends and I were talking and apparently as their careers fade, anything for a paycheck.
She's had some good paychecks. I would have thought that T2 and Dante's Peak (mostly the former) would put her on sound financial footing for the rest of her life. She should have had some leverage to swing a good contract for T2. She was really needed for that movie.

It's still amazing how someone who's got the acting chops can do so poorly.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I caught some of this Saturday night and yes the acting was horrendous. I got the sense that I was watching a show in a sitcom where one of the characters is an actor in a bad movie and they show some of that bad movie in the episode, if you know what I mean. Yes, Linda Hamilton hasn't aged too well. Those were some deep, deep wrinkles.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Yes, you've described it well. Except, instead of making a part of a bad movie, they made a whole one. :)

hanshotfirst1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
I quickly learned to give their "original" movies a very wide berth! Although strangely, that is how they presented Dog Soldiers though I quickly realized they must've picked it up elsewhere, as it was way too good.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Yeah, I can like bad cinema and this movie was a bad one. But I was depressed watching it because it saddened me to see Linda in such a bad movie giving such a bad performance. If she had been the bright spot in the movie, I probably would have watched the whole thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks