Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Mad Men: Season 7 (AMC)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
197 replies to this topic

#181 of 198 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 23,074 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted April 27 2015 - 02:41 PM

Come on man!!  Scout's Honor is going anime!!  This is gonna be HUGE!!!  :P

I know there's other bad blood but I like that Lou is a big enough dick to misremember Don as one of the people laughing at him (Don was the one guy who didn't join in on goofing on it) and brag about a $15,000 payday to a multi-millionaire.

#182 of 198 OFFLINE   Tina_H_V

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor

• 638 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted April 28 2015 - 07:19 PM

To paraphrase the immortal words of the late, great, Robin Williams :rolleyes: , from the 1994 classic film, Mrs. Doubtfire:

...a-ba-di-ba-a-di-bad-i-di-a-di-a-ba-di-a-ba-di-ba-da-di...uh...Piss off, Lou!!!!!  :lol:

Seriously!!!!  As if Lou Avery is seriously doing something big and bad such as waving his $15,000 check in Don's multimillionaire face (over the phone),  referring to the man as pathetic in the process!!!

Seriously!!!!!  How petty and lowdown can a petty, low down man Lou get!!!????

Good for Roger, who toasted Lou very well towards the end of the episode.  :P

And unlike being bought out my McCann-Erickson at the end of the S7 first-half, where there was more of a semblance of order and cordiality, the midway point of the S7 nightcap shows disorder and chaos!!!!  :o

Is this the future???  Is this how it is going to end with three episodes remaining!!!???  :o

Stay tuned!!!!  ;)

The Acid Queen Still Rocks and Souls!!!! ;D

#183 of 198 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 5,173 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:11 AM

Strong episode last night, with some very odd behavior from Don, Roger, and Peggy. Again with Don's obsession with Diana? That story better pay dividends. Also, I'm not one who thinks the show will end with Don falling from up high (like the credits) but he did test the strength of the window is his new office, which I found odd. 

The artwork for this second half of the season shows Don in the car, just like much of the episode last night.

#184 of 198 OFFLINE   Josh Dial

Josh Dial

Screenwriter

• 2,667 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:32 AM

Also, I'm not one who thinks the show will end with Don falling from up high (like the credits) but he did test the strength of the window is his new office, which I found odd. 

He pressed against to the window to stop the draft; when he lifted his hand, the drafty sound of the wind returned.

#185 of 198 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 23,074 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:37 AM

I'm glad they clarified what the hell that picture in Cooper's office was.

I loved the shot of Peggy skating by Roger playing the organ. I could have watched an entire episode of them hanging out.

I know the popular theory is that Don jumps to his death but I'm going against the grain and say that I think all the things pointing to that are Weiner's joke on that expectation of the audience than a real clue to Don's 'fate'.

#186 of 198 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,566 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted Yesterday, 08:06 AM

Pete is in heaven. Joan was in hell. Ted is content to sleepwalk through work indefinitely. Peggy may just own the place if she embraces her empowered persona. Don is completely uninterested in it all and I hope is on his way to quitting and finding peace in something like traveling. I really don't want to see him jump out a window; way too literal to the opening - he can jump away from the ad world without killing himself. Roger is defeated but will probably put the minimum time in then retire.

Bert Cooper cameo!

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#187 of 198 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,228 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted Yesterday, 08:30 AM

Joan's exit was.. sad. That said, it was a fitting reminder of how things were for women.. and frankly, the fact we aren't where we need to be today for women in the marketplace.

The entire sequence was one that had my blood boiling.. it appears as though the plan at McCann is just to slowly whittle them away to the brown nosers and burn outs; but we will see what happens to Peggy.. with Joan gone, Peggy no longer has cover for her accounts.. how will that play out? Who knows.

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#188 of 198 OFFLINE   joshEH

joshEH

Producer

• 3,718 posts
  • LocationRoom 303, The Heart O' The City Hotel

Posted Yesterday, 09:52 AM

900x900px-LL-e10a731c_CEI6-4lUUAAFVVA.pn

"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."

#189 of 198 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 23,074 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:58 AM

900x900px-LL-e10a731c_CEI6-4lUUAAFVVA.pn

That was like a cool sister version of when Peggy left SCDP to The Kinks' You Really Got Me.

#190 of 198 OFFLINE   joshEH

joshEH

Producer

• 3,718 posts
  • LocationRoom 303, The Heart O' The City Hotel

Posted Yesterday, 09:59 AM

Absolutely great episode. Joan's story was heartbreaking, but I hope it isn't over (and it was great seeing Rich/Doc Potterywood from Community being such an epic asshat on this show). 

Peggy's swagger as she came into McCann was heartening. She looks ready to take on the Fergs of the world. Joan may not be equipped for the fight, but Peggy is.

It was great to see Roger to be the one arming her for battle, as opposed to Don. I could watch an entire episode of Peggy and Roger fucking around in an empty office.

These last several episodes have been amazing. I'm getting the serious feeling that every time one of these characters walks offscreen, we're seeing them for the last time.

"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."

#191 of 198 OFFLINE   Quentin

Quentin

Screenwriter

• 2,608 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted Yesterday, 12:48 PM

I loved seeing Peggy swagger in like that...but, I don't think she is anywhere near ready to take on the Ferg's or McCann's of this world.  I'd say she needs to break out on her own...but, that would be just as tough.  She is a few years too early to be able to make any headway in this man's world.  Just like her apartment.

But, she could hold out long enough on both to really cash in someday!  We won't see it here unless they do a coda with a 10 year jump.

Roger playing the organ while Peggy skated was one of the single best images of the entire series.  So dreamlike, so perfect at this point in time.

Goodbye Joan.  We'll do lunch, right?  Enjoy your rich husband and take a psychology class.

#192 of 198 OFFLINE   Quentin

Quentin

Screenwriter

• 2,608 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted Yesterday, 12:49 PM

I'm also not sure Don will jump now, since I doubt he's EVER going back to that office.  He might even just become Dick Whitman at this point.  

And, for once...I don't blame him.  That Miller Lite meeting was B.S.  Run away fast, Don!

#193 of 198 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 5,173 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:53 PM

This is one of the crazier theories I have seen about last night:

Was that Bob Dylan on Mad Men last night?

http://www.ew.com/ar...-men-last-night

#194 of 198 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 38,089 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:29 PM

What's crazy is that my real life job situation is eerily similar to what's going on with the SCDP gang and their "integration" with their new overlords.

"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#195 of 198 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,566 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted Yesterday, 05:41 PM

I'm also not sure Don will jump now, since I doubt he's EVER going back to that office. He might even just become Dick Whitman at this point.

And, for once...I don't blame him. That Miller Lite meeting was B.S. Run away fast, Don!

Him becoming Dick Whitman again would be a brilliant way to "kill" Don and his now unsatisfying ad job. Now I wanna see that happen!

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#196 of 198 OFFLINE   Josh Dial

Josh Dial

Screenwriter

• 2,667 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:37 PM

For the record, the man in the opening credits doesn't jump: he puts down his briefcase, and everything else falls around him (he falls, too).  Then, the guy lands on a couch.  If there is symbolism to be had, it is not suicide.

#197 of 198 OFFLINE   Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson

Screenwriter

• 2,983 posts

Posted Today, 04:48 AM

For the record, the man in the opening credits doesn't jump: he puts down his briefcase, and everything else falls around him (he falls, too).  Then, the guy lands on a couch.  If there is symbolism to be had, it is not suicide.

If I ever fall from a building I hope I land on a couch.

#198 of 198 OFFLINE   Hollywoodaholic

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?

• 1,416 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Florida

Posted Today, 12:04 PM

Don leaves his identity on the beach in California (and maybe people think he did commit suicide) and reclaims Dick Whitman redeemed. Makes sense to me. Will be very sad to not have another season to look forward to on this show.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users