What's new

Mad Men: Season 7 (AMC) (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I wasn't alleging that the show used an image from the short; just thought it was cool that they both contained images that were so similar.

But I do confess I want to see a full-length Don-O-Mite feature!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I have to figure that Jon Hamm wins the Emmy this year. Emmy doesn't want to go on record never giving the award to the actor who brought Don Draper to life for seven seasons. (Hamm's been nominated every year of the show's life.)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I know it's been over a year since the finale aired. I've been watching the series via blu-ray and sort of procrastinated from watching the second half of the last season because I didn't want it to end. I finally binge watched the last 4 episodes last weekend. I managed to avoid spoilers, knew Coke-Cola was involved in the storylines of the season, but didn't see that coming. I should have known from the hotel owner asking Don to fix the Coke Machine.

I think the show ended well, it was satisfying. I agree that the ending wasn't that pat for everyone. The Peggy-Stan romance was fun to finally see happen and the Hollywood way it was depicted. But who knows it will endure. Same with Joan, she may still find a guy and he business may or may not work out. Roger and Marie may break-up but I think it works out. Pete and Trudy seem solid now and I was amused he was able to make a break and start over which was what he needed. We assume Sally and her brothers do ok. I was quite sure Don went back to McCann Erickson and did do the Coke ad.

The smile Don had for me meant that he had his lightbulb moment of both figuring out who he is and he was finally at peace with himself. And that he had the inspiration for the coke ad from his experiences at the spiritual retreat.

What a great series!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Taschen often puts out both a very pricey collector's edition and a more reasonably priced version of their books.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks