• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,561 posts

Posted April 07 2014 - 05:22 AM

61gPGArbcUL._SL500_AA300_.jpg 61tshN-X7aL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 5 Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,167 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted April 07 2014 - 07:00 AM

I didn't see this or read any reviews, but it was in and out of theaters pretty quick, wasn't it?  They want how much for this move?  Pass.

• davidHartzog likes this
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#3 of 5 Bob Cashill

Bob Cashill

Screenwriter

• 2,143 posts

Posted April 07 2014 - 07:09 AM

The price will surely drop, as much as half. The period recreation is excellent, like stepping back in time; I've visited the ruins twice, and I felt transported. The script is, well, less than excellent but the 3D disaster effects are plentiful and punchy and the ending surprisingly satisfying.

#4 of 5 Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,167 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted April 07 2014 - 07:39 AM

Yeah, I  know the price will drop, I just continue to be amazed at initial asking prices, particularly for movies that weren't all that popular.  Bob, your comments have got me interested.  Will be interested to read the HTF review if there is one.

Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#5 of 5 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,561 posts

Posted April 16 2014 - 10:05 AM

“Will blow your mind, leave you breathless.”

- Bryan Erdy, Movie Planet

“A stunning 3D production. Epic and visually breathtaking.”

- Huffington Post

Ancient History’s Greatest Natural Disaster Explodes on Screen in the Epic Adventure

Starring Kit Harington, Carrie-Anne Moss, Emily Browning & Kiefer Sutherland

POMPEII

Available May 20 on Blu-ray 3D™, Blu-ray™, DVD* & Digital

Featuring Deleted & Alternate Scenes, Filmmaker Commentary & 6 Making-of Featurettes

Culver City, CA (April 16, 2014) – Action, romance and the most famous volcanic event in recorded history collide in the epic adventure POMPEII, available May 20 on Blu-ray 3D™, Blu-ray™, DVD* and Digital from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. Kit Harington (TV’s “Game of Thrones”), Emily Browning (Sucker Punch), and Kiefer Sutherland (TV’s “24”) star in this heroic tale of a young slave-turned-gladiator in a race against time to save his true love during the cataclysmic eruption of Italy’s deadly volcano, Mount Vesuvius.

The POMPEII Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray and DVD each feature hours of bonus features, including commentary with filmmakers, and two making-of featurettes: “The Assembly – Cast and Characters” and “The Volcanic Eruption – Special Effects.”  The Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray exclusively feature deleted and alternate scenes, plus four additional making-of featurettes focusing on the stunts, production design and costume design in the film, along with a behind-the-scenes look at ancient history’s greatest disaster.

POMPEII is directed by Paul W.S. Anderson (Resident Evil: RetributionThe Three Musketeers).  Carrie-Anne Moss (The Matrix series), Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (Thor: The Dark World), Jessica Lucas (Evil Dead), and Jared Harris (TV’s “Mad Men”) co-star in the film. 

Synopsis: Set in 79 A.D., POMPEII tells the epic story of Milo (Harington), a slave turned invincible gladiator who finds himself in a race against time to save his true love Cassia (Browning), the beautiful daughter of a wealthy merchant who has been unwillingly betrothed to a corrupt Roman Senator (Sutherland).  As Mount Vesuvius erupts in a torrent of blazing lava, Milo must fight his way out of the arena in order to save his beloved as the once magnificent Pompeii crumbles around him.

POMPEII is a Constantin Film International and Impact Pictures (Pompeii) production. It was written by Janet Scott Batchler & Lee Batchler (Batman Forever) and Michael Robert Johnson (Sherlock Holmes) and produced by Paul W.S. Anderson, Jeremy Bolt (Resident Evil franchise), Robert Kulzer (The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones), and Don Carmody (The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones). Executive producers are Martin Moszkowicz, Peter Schlessel and Jon Brown.

It has a run time of approximately 98 minutes and is rated PG-13 for intense battle sequences, disaster-related action and brief sexual content.

Blu-ray and DVD Bonus Features:

·         Filmmakers’ Commentary

·         The Assembly – Cast and Characters

·         The Volcanic Eruption – Special Effects

Blu-ray Exclusive Bonus Features:

·         20 Deleted & Alternate Scenes

·         The Gladiators – Stunts

·         The Journey – Production Design

·         The Costume Shop  - Costume Design

·         Pompeii: Buried in Time – Behind the Scenes of Ancient History’s Greatest Disaster

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sony Pictures

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users