What's new

Pompeii (3D Blu-ray) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

61gPGArbcUL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
61tshN-X7aL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
The price will surely drop, as much as half. The period recreation is excellent, like stepping back in time; I've visited the ruins twice, and I felt transported. The script is, well, less than excellent but the 3D disaster effects are plentiful and punchy and the ending surprisingly satisfying.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Yeah, I know the price will drop, I just continue to be amazed at initial asking prices, particularly for movies that weren't all that popular. Bob, your comments have got me interested. Will be interested to read the HTF review if there is one.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
“Will blow your mind, leave you breathless.”
- Bryan Erdy, Movie Planet
“A stunning 3D production. Epic and visually breathtaking.”
- Huffington Post
Ancient History’s Greatest Natural Disaster Explodes on Screen in the Epic Adventure
Starring Kit Harington, Carrie-Anne Moss, Emily Browning & Kiefer Sutherland

POMPEII
Available May 20 on Blu-ray 3D™, Blu-ray™, DVD* & Digital
Featuring Deleted & Alternate Scenes, Filmmaker Commentary & 6 Making-of Featurettes

Culver City, CA (April 16, 2014) – Action, romance and the most famous volcanic event in recorded history collide in the epic adventure POMPEII, available May 20 on Blu-ray 3D™, Blu-ray™, DVD* and Digital from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. Kit Harington (TV’s “Game of Thrones”), Emily Browning (Sucker Punch), and Kiefer Sutherland (TV’s “24”) star in this heroic tale of a young slave-turned-gladiator in a race against time to save his true love during the cataclysmic eruption of Italy’s deadly volcano, Mount Vesuvius.

The POMPEII Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray and DVD each feature hours of bonus features, including commentary with filmmakers, and two making-of featurettes: “The Assembly – Cast and Characters” and “The Volcanic Eruption – Special Effects.” The Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray exclusively feature deleted and alternate scenes, plus four additional making-of featurettes focusing on the stunts, production design and costume design in the film, along with a behind-the-scenes look at ancient history’s greatest disaster.

POMPEII is directed by Paul W.S. Anderson (Resident Evil: Retribution, The Three Musketeers). Carrie-Anne Moss (The Matrix series), Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (Thor: The Dark World), Jessica Lucas (Evil Dead), and Jared Harris (TV’s “Mad Men”) co-star in the film.

Synopsis: Set in 79 A.D., POMPEII tells the epic story of Milo (Harington), a slave turned invincible gladiator who finds himself in a race against time to save his true love Cassia (Browning), the beautiful daughter of a wealthy merchant who has been unwillingly betrothed to a corrupt Roman Senator (Sutherland). As Mount Vesuvius erupts in a torrent of blazing lava, Milo must fight his way out of the arena in order to save his beloved as the once magnificent Pompeii crumbles around him.

POMPEII is a Constantin Film International and Impact Pictures (Pompeii) production. It was written by Janet Scott Batchler & Lee Batchler (Batman Forever) and Michael Robert Johnson (Sherlock Holmes) and produced by Paul W.S. Anderson, Jeremy Bolt (Resident Evil franchise), Robert Kulzer (The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones), and Don Carmody (The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones). Executive producers are Martin Moszkowicz, Peter Schlessel and Jon Brown.

It has a run time of approximately 98 minutes and is rated PG-13 for intense battle sequences, disaster-related action and brief sexual content.

Blu-ray and DVD Bonus Features:
· Filmmakers’ Commentary
· The Assembly – Cast and Characters
· The Volcanic Eruption – Special Effects

Blu-ray Exclusive Bonus Features:
· 20 Deleted & Alternate Scenes
· The Gladiators – Stunts
· The Journey – Production Design
· The Costume Shop - Costume Design
· Pompeii: Buried in Time – Behind the Scenes of Ancient History’s Greatest Disaster

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
It wasn't a great movie but it was a fun Paul WS Anderson ride - kind of his version of Gladiator meets Titanic but the iceberg is the volcano. Kiefer Sutherland is having fun as the bad guy. And the 3D is good.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I found Kiefer Sutherland's fake accent annoying. Its been on the Starz 3D channel since 11/2014.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Bought it blindly, though with tax and shipping it came to just under $10.

A 3D title for $10 is still pretty damn good.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Dang...you don't have BB nearby to save $$$?

Yeah they'd have to pay me to sit through drek like that. :eek:

FTL

Agent
Real Name
Bill B
Well that was interesting!
I placed an order at BestBuy earlier this evening for store pickup, and it showed three in stock at my local BB. An hour later I got a call from them to say that they had none left, and would I like them to ship a copy instead of me picking it up. I told them I didn't want to pay the shipping cost, and the guy said it would be at no charge. He then went away for a few minutes, came back to say they couldn't ship until March 27th and asked if that was OK. I said yes and he went away again.
While I was looking at my order on the BB website I saw it had been canceled, and when the rep came back he said he'd put in a new order, free shipping, no charge for the Blu-ray.
Good deal!

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Did I really order a clunker of a movie? I can cancel it. It's on backorder
YMMV. For sure it is not a good movie, but if you have tasty popcorn available and and pleasant movie partner, perhaps you will enjoy it. A 3D movie for under $10...keep the order active. Notice that I did wink at my comment.

As a comparison, if you had to choose between this release and "No Highway in the Sky" to take with you to a desert island, Highway gets the nod, hands down. Much more movie watching pleasure. My purchase fingers do get twitchy when I see a 3D under $10.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I suppose for $10 I can't go wrong.

It's just that, as the "3D Guru," I try to buy as many 3D titles as I can. You can't pass up a deal like this one.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
So Ron you're just buying (in this case) 3D movies solely because they are 3D, quality of said movie (not technically speaking) be damned basically? To me that seems like a big waste of your hard earned $$$$.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks