-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Did MGM just go UV?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 Patrick Donahue

Patrick Donahue

Stunt Coordinator

• 156 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted March 04 2014 - 12:38 PM

Take a look on Vudu - RoboCop just became UV enabled... and it is still listed as an MGM title... just saying...
  • Towergrove likes this

#2 of 8 Joshua Clinard

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter

• 1,695 posts
  • LocationAbilene, TX

Posted March 04 2014 - 03:36 PM

I haven't heard any announcement about it, and I look for that kind of stuff, but I would think they will add more titles in the future if they added that one. The sooner the better. I have about 15 titles from MGM that I would like to add to my collection, but I won't until they are UV.

#3 of 8 Patrick Donahue

Patrick Donahue

Stunt Coordinator

• 156 posts

Posted May 09 2014 - 06:34 AM

The 3 titles in the Man With No Name trilogy are now UV. Seems like MGM is putting titles out in drips, with no fanfare...

#4 of 8 Joshua Clinard

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter

• 1,695 posts
  • LocationAbilene, TX

Posted May 14 2014 - 12:38 PM

I had to google that to find out which films they were:  The Good The Bad, and The Ugly, For a Few Dollars More, and A Fistfull of Dollars.

But they have also added Hang Em High, Robocop 2, and Robocop 3.

I think they will be adding more soon. A lot of MGM movies are coming out on Blu in the next few weeks, some of those could be added to the UV list.

#5 of 8 Patrick Mason

Patrick Mason

Stunt Coordinator

• 108 posts

Posted May 16 2014 - 02:03 PM

I also just noticed some of my above-mentioned Vudu titles with new UltraViolet tags on them.  This is indeed curious, and the UltraViolet website still does not list MGM as a partner.  This is great news if it mean MGM is finally committing to UV, but it's odd there has been no public announcement.

#6 of 8 Joshua Clinard

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter

• 1,695 posts
  • LocationAbilene, TX

Posted May 17 2014 - 06:12 PM

MGM was mentioned as a disc to digital partner at CES in wait for it...... 2013. Almost 18 months later, they are finally adding some UV titles, but still no disc to digital yet. Also, Hot Tub Time Machine just got a UV label at CinemaNow. Maybe they will add a few each week.

#7 of 8 Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie

• 3,907 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted May 27 2014 - 02:16 PM

Skyfall was a UV title on Vudu, which also shows up in my Canadian CinemaNow account.

"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#8 of 8 Patrick Donahue

Patrick Donahue

Stunt Coordinator

• 156 posts

Posted May 27 2014 - 03:50 PM

^True but it was also a co-production with Sony...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users