Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

M Go Streaming Service ?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 of 15 OFFLINE   Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz

Producer

• 3,483 posts

Posted February 09 2014 - 09:22 PM

Anyone using M Go streaming service?  If so what do you think of it?  I am not sure how good it will look but sometime this year M Go is supposed to be starting to offer 4K content.

https://www.mgo.com/client/#

Supporter of 1080p & 4K/UHD video (256 Blu-ray Titles)/ Supporter of Lossless PCM, Dolby True HD and DTS HD Master Audio / Say No To MP3 & WMA / Say no to Bose

#2 of 15 OFFLINE   Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz

Producer

• 3,483 posts

Posted February 09 2014 - 09:22 PM

Supporter of 1080p & 4K/UHD video (256 Blu-ray Titles)/ Supporter of Lossless PCM, Dolby True HD and DTS HD Master Audio / Say No To MP3 & WMA / Say no to Bose

#3 of 15 OFFLINE   huskerbear@frontier.com

huskerbear@frontier.com

Stunt Coordinator

• 70 posts

Posted February 10 2014 - 06:08 AM

I have used it. It showed up on my rokus a couple months ago, they gave me a $10 credit so I rented a couple movies, it seemed to work fine for me and they are Ultraviolet so this is yet another way to access my digital movies, I usually use Vudu though but, its nice to have choices and competition. 

#4 of 15 OFFLINE   Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz

Producer

• 3,483 posts

Posted February 22 2014 - 08:36 PM

How is the video quality and I am assuming the audio is in dolby digital.

#5 of 15 OFFLINE   huskerbear@frontier.com

huskerbear@frontier.com

Stunt Coordinator

• 70 posts

Posted February 24 2014 - 06:57 AM

Not sure on the audio. The video looked about the same as we get with Amazon or netflix, we only have a 3 meg connection which gets us kinda low end HD, looks about the same as Directv HD.

#6 of 15 OFFLINE   Joshua Clinard

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter

• 1,772 posts
  • LocationAbilene, TX

Posted February 24 2014 - 07:52 AM

I'm not sure why one would use MGO. Vudu is much more stable and always loads my library. Their HDX quality blows netflix away.

#7 of 15 OFFLINE   Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz

Producer

• 3,483 posts

Posted February 24 2014 - 01:42 PM

I am considering Mgo because they announced that the intend to start offering movies in 4K this summer.  Will have to see what happens.  Mmmm need to check to see if my Denon 1611 bluray will do Vudu streaming?  Going to keep my options open.  How much does Vudu service cost you?

#8 of 15 OFFLINE   Joshua Clinard

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter

• 1,772 posts
  • LocationAbilene, TX

Posted February 24 2014 - 02:10 PM

Vudu, like MGO, is completely free. You just buy the individual movies you want. They both use the UltraViolet library system, so if you buy a movie on vudu, MGO, or Target Ticket, you will be able to watch it on any of the UltraViolet Services. Right now, vudu has the best quality. Their HDX format is 1080p. Vudu, Target Ticket, and CinemaNow will give you five or ten free HD movies when you signup to get your started. You just have to link them to your UltraViolet account, which will be created for you when you signup with any of the services.

#9 of 15 OFFLINE   Todd Erwin

Todd Erwin

Screenwriter

• 2,313 posts
  • LocationOrange County, CA

Posted February 25 2014 - 02:31 PM

Note that those free movies are SD, not HD.

#10 of 15 OFFLINE   Joshua Clinard

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter

• 1,772 posts
  • LocationAbilene, TX

Posted February 25 2014 - 05:54 PM

The free movies from Vudu and Target Ticket are in HD. The free movies from flixster and CinemaNow are in SD.

#11 of 15 OFFLINE   Todd Erwin

Todd Erwin

Screenwriter

• 2,313 posts
  • LocationOrange County, CA

Posted February 25 2014 - 09:36 PM

The free movies I got from Target are all in SD.

#12 of 15 OFFLINE   Joshua Clinard

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter

• 1,772 posts
  • LocationAbilene, TX

Posted February 26 2014 - 09:05 AM

That changed recently, as of last week. There is this thing called the internet, and it's very easy to go to targetticket.com, and see right there on the home page, Bam, 10 Free HD movies!

#13 of 15 OFFLINE   Everett Stallings

Everett Stallings

Second Unit

• 400 posts
  • LocationWilmington,De

Posted February 26 2014 - 09:51 AM

Anyone using M Go streaming service?  If so what do you think of it?  I am not sure how good it will look but sometime this year M Go is supposed to be starting to offer 4K content.

They seem to charge $1.00 more than others out there.

Former projectionist @ all downtown theatres in Balto. City.Which are all closed. frown.gif

#14 of 15 OFFLINE   Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz

Producer

• 3,483 posts

Posted March 07 2014 - 11:13 PM

My new tv should be able to do M go and others but I still need to get my wired network over to my home theater rack and Samsung UHD TV.  I currently have Verizon Fios TV service and I not sure that streaming services will even compare to what I am getting from Verizon Fios?  Not worried about $1 but we will have to see what the price gap will be when 4K movies are being offered and if there are any issues with delivery of content.

#15 of 15 OFFLINE   Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz

Producer

• 3,483 posts

Posted March 07 2014 - 11:18 PM

Forgot to mention that even though I have Verizon Fios Quantum and have speed testing up to 171mb/sec and a fast pc with ssd drives and dual video cards hooked up to a 27" Samsung HD monitor.  I still find it hard to want to watch movies or tv shows on my pc or any pc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users