What's new

Wireless subwoofer & wireless rear speaker options? (1 Viewer)

CrayZT415

Auditioning
Real Name
Zach
Hello, new to the forum. Came here based on recommendation and after reading some posts I think I came to the right place.

My wife is having a custom-made entertainment center built into our living room once we purchase a home theater system. This is all fine and dandy until she tells me there will be no room for a subwoofer near the TV (will probably end up in the back of the room) and she doesn't want to see any wires. When I started to do some research and got overwhelmed trying to piece together a new system that has both a wireless subwoofer and wireless rear speakers.

Our budget is around 1K, a little flexible upwards if need be. Main purpose will be television/movies but it will also be used for gaming and music. Bluetooth is a huge bonus. Oh, and a sound bar is a no go.

I'm not very experienced with home theaters and I'm a total noob when it comes to anything wireless (I've always had wires for my home theater). I came here in hopes that I could get help figuring out how to piece together a system that will support the wireless sub and rear speakers.

Is this type of setup realistic? Is there a wireless module that would support both the sub and the rear speakers? And is there a certain type of AV Receiver I'd need to support this?

Anything kind of insight would be awesome.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
By the way. Not happening at 3 times your budget either.Lowest cost, New, AVR that "could" accomplish rear wireless, is the Onkyo 828. By itself. Over budget.

CrayZT415

Auditioning
Real Name
Zach
schan1269 said:
$1000 and wireless sub/rear?Not happening.
I kind of figured that would be the answer. Thanks for the reply. I have only two other choices here

1. Tell the wife to deal with a long wire for the sub (I seem to have less problems finding systems with wireless rear speakers only)
2. Throw the sub into the entertainment center

I've read that #2 is a really bad idea. Unless others disagree? And regarding #1, I know the placement of the sub is in a less than ideal location (back of the room), but is there a good subwoofer wire/cable that can run this far (20 feet?) and still give me a good sound from the sub?

Maybe given my set up people have a different recommendation all together?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Subwoofer cable=composite video=digital coax=coax(as in same stuff running from your wall to the TV/STB already)Wireless rear only exists in HTiB. Those suck.There are wireless subwoofers. Even HSU has one.Problem is, with wireless...Hope you don't have a cell phone, cordless phone, baby monitor, WiFi, microwave or refrigerator.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
The wireless sub is easy, quality wireless surrounds is where it gets expensive.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
For a couple hundred you could have an electrician run a wire for you; that has to be cheaper than a good wireless sub.

Or, you could look at in-wall subs and move the placement back up to the front.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks