What's new

Sony BD player causes Sony TV to lose control functionality when (1 Viewer)

albert_m2

Second Unit
Real Name
Albert
I turn on the player if the tv is already.

That is to say, if the TV is on and I turn on the blue ray player, I can't get the tv to adjust its volume... or even change inputs. I don't understand. I have to turn the tv off (directly on the set) and then turn it back on and everything works fine.

I got the player about a year ago and it was fine with my 4 year old TV. I recently upgraded in size with a new Sony and now have this problem, unless the tv is off when I turn on the player.

My wife says that happened to her even with turning the player on while the tv is off.

I actually find it frustrating that it automatically changes input before I'm ready, but can live with that, but something it really odd.

Does anyone have any thought on what is going and what I might be able to do?

albert_m2

Second Unit
Real Name
Albert
Thanks, I'll try that. I never looked at options for the Bravia link since it was never an issue until now (and didn't even consider that it could be disabled), but hopefully that will take care of the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks