What's new

Anyone waiting for LOCAL HERO? (1 Viewer)

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
Bill Forsyths --LOCAL HERO is a gem of a film that needs a bluray release. Why Warner won't release this is beyond me. Don't get me started about Warner catalog titles.

MartEvans

Stunt Coordinator
This was brought up recently I think and I'll say what I said then. PLEASE!!!!!!!! My favourite movie of all-time. While they're at it give us Gregory's Girl and Comfort & Joy.

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
"Local Hero" is the most-recently-released movie in my personal all-time Top Ten. Let's have this BEAUTIFULLY PHOTOGRAPHED (let's not forget) film on Blu-Ray! And the same goes for "Comfort And Joy" (Top Ten Christmas, BEAUTIFULLY PHOTOGRAPHED)!

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Local Hero.jpg

OK, hopefully somebody is planning on getting this film out on a blu-ray at this point. Truly a classic and just an amazing film.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
Fingers crossed we'll get this soon ... I have Gregory's Girl on Blu ray and it's a lovely transfer, but I must have Local Hero too. What a great duo .. Burt Lancaster and Peter Capaldi!

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
There's a lovely look at the "Local Hero" poster in HD during the Bill Forsyth featurette on the new "Sullivan's Travels" Blu-Ray. Even more thrilling for me on this disc is the inclusion of three stunning widescreen HD stills from "Comfort And Joy", which Mr. Forsyth says was partly inspired by the Preston Sturges classic. I'm now surer than ever that Criterion must be aware that the world needs these movies on Blu-Ray.

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
AnthonyClarke said:
And double YES. At least we have Gregory's Girl to go on with ..... what a charmer that movie is !
The "Gregory's Girl" poster makes an HD appearance in the "Sullivan's Travels" featurette, too!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks