Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

"Day After Tomorrow"

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,854 posts

Posted September 16 2013 - 03:57 PM

So my son wanted to see the movie. He likes the big disaster special effects. So we are watching and then I was thinking about the scene where they are trying to keep the fire going by burning books. Then I thought their are dozens upon dozens of WOODEN chairs and tables. Which would burn longer than the paper. Also, they show the US gov had to setup in Mexico. Yet, at the end when showing the US from space. All of Florida and most of the gulf states are free of ice and snow. why not go there?

Yeah, I know these are small nitpicks from a movie filled with science impossibility. Just got me wondering. :)
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#2 of 3 Freddie Z

Freddie Z

Stunt Coordinator

• 93 posts

Posted September 16 2013 - 06:02 PM

So my son wanted to see the movie. He likes the big disaster special effects. So we are watching and then I was thinking about the scene where they are trying to keep the fire going by burning books. Then I thought their are dozens upon dozens of WOODEN chairs and tables. Which would burn longer than the paper. Also, they show the US gov had to setup in Mexico. Yet, at the end when showing the US from space. All of Florida and most of the gulf states are free of ice and snow. why not go there?

Yeah, I know these are small nitpicks from a movie filled with science impossibility. Just got me wondering. :)

Well, it is a Roland Emmerich film...

:)

#3 of 3 DaveF

DaveF

• 13,167 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted September 17 2013 - 03:07 PM

I argued with a grad school friend about this when the movie first came out. The argument is that books are more dense than wood, so would burn better. I'm not sure that's true. Certainly books are better than loose paper.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users