Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

YouTube uploads via iMovie question

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Ted Todorov

Ted Todorov

Screenwriter

• 2,899 posts

Posted September 13 2013 - 01:50 PM

Anyone do it?  I uploaded a video yesterday (this one, if anyone cares: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=mGX5pkKV6iw ) -- everything worked great, I go an alert from iMovie that the upload was successful and shortly an email from YouTube acknowledging it as well.

Today, I tried uploading another piece from the same concert -- no alert or error from iMovie, no acknowledgment from YouTube, nothing on the site.  A couple of hours later, I tried again -- nothing.  iMovie has a progress bar that it is being uploaded, the progress bar ends, and...

Bizarre.  Should I just reupload via Safari directly to the website, or wait for YouTube because ...???

Advice appreciated!

Hold on tightly, let go lightly.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,536 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted September 13 2013 - 01:55 PM

I've never had it stall like that.  I don't get emails from YouTube, though, just the pop-up from iMovie that the upload has completed.

You can go to your YouTube profile and maybe see if it is uploaded there.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   DaveF

DaveF

• 14,339 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted September 13 2013 - 02:51 PM

I tend to upload from the website, since google's two-step authentication makes it confusing to get iMovie connected to YouTube.

I have uploaded from iMovie, and not had it stall, though.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Ted Todorov

Ted Todorov

Screenwriter

• 2,899 posts

Posted September 15 2013 - 03:10 PM

So it was some bizarre, presumably iMovie's fault glitch that went away after restarting iMovie -- but uploading the video via Safari worked and uploading subsequent videos via iMovie work.  If anyone encounters a similar problem, just drop and restart iMovie.

Hold on tightly, let go lightly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users