Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

iTunes Tempo Filter?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,015 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted September 08 2013 - 07:36 AM

I thought I had read once that itunes had a way of selecting songs from your library that meet or exceed a chosen tempo.  This would be really handy for choosing songs to jog by.  Anybody heard of that?

Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#2 of 2 Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,015 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted September 08 2013 - 08:10 AM

I've continued to do a some research and it turns out there is a beats-per-minute field in the info tab for each song, but it is not normally populated.  I guess one has to obtain an app to do that.  If that field were populated, than I could sort songs on it and find the best temp songs for running.

I found a web page that references a couple of programs that will analyze the bpm of songs.  Unfortunately, the one that is more accurate requires navigating to each album folder one at a time.  That would make for an incredibly laborious task.  Here's the link: http://www.nateshiva...ng-my-playlist/

Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users