• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,256 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted September 08 2013 - 07:36 AM

I thought I had read once that itunes had a way of selecting songs from your library that meet or exceed a chosen tempo.  This would be really handy for choosing songs to jog by.  Anybody heard of that?

Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,256 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted September 08 2013 - 08:10 AM

I've continued to do a some research and it turns out there is a beats-per-minute field in the info tab for each song, but it is not normally populated.  I guess one has to obtain an app to do that.  If that field were populated, than I could sort songs on it and find the best temp songs for running.

I found a web page that references a couple of programs that will analyze the bpm of songs.  Unfortunately, the one that is more accurate requires navigating to each album folder one at a time.  That would make for an incredibly laborious task.  Here's the link: http://www.nateshiva...ng-my-playlist/

Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users