Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

LG jumps into price war over OLED TVs

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Kevin Collins

Kevin Collins

Kevin Collins

• 2,311 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted August 26 2013 - 09:02 PM

Let's hope this starts a trend for OLED pricing. The more I read about OLED, the more excited I get about them.  I'm much more excited about OLED than UHD/4K.

Well, LG isn't standing on the sidelines with the pricing war with their neighbors Samsung.  LG said Monday that it has lowered the price of its 55-inch, flat screen OLED TV from 11 million won to 9.9 million won ($8,900), and slashed its curved OLED TV from 15 million won to 10.9 million.Customers who already purchased curved OLED TVs can receive a refund of the difference. The amount will be 3.1 million won as 1 million won was given as a cashback.

Earlier this month Samsung Electronics slashed the price of its curved OLED TV from 15 million won to 9.9 million won, down by 34 percent.

Who is excited about getting OLED in their home?

Kevin Collins
To View My HD Collection Click Here

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen

Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.

• 6,369 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted August 27 2013 - 05:17 AM

Ive had an OLED for more than a year now...and very much like it. Perfect blacks.

I do wonder about long term stability, especially with the blue primary. Time will tell.

The Sonodome - circa 2001
The Newest Sonotube - circa 2001
Gregg's DVDs updated...sometimes
Lion Audio Video Consultants usually current

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users