Survivor - Blood vs. Water Season 27

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#61 of 111 OFFLINE   Hanson

Hanson

Producer

• 4,435 posts

Posted October 04 2013 - 03:01 PM

Colby intensely disliked Keith and didn't feel he deserved third place  much less the million dollars. He felt that between screwing over Tina and Jerri's badmouthing, enough people could be swayed to vote "Not Colby" and allow Keith to win, and he felt he couldn't live with himself if that happened. The fear of that outcome drove him to taking Tina to the finals.

Edited by Hanson, October 04 2013 - 03:36 PM.

#62 of 111 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,757 posts

Posted October 04 2013 - 03:28 PM

... and Colby was a "Momma's boy".  :D

"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#63 of 111 OFFLINE   McPaul

McPaul

Screenwriter

• 1,686 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted October 09 2013 - 04:59 PM

First time ever that I remember a smart vote in survivor when a bunch of tribes mates are dealing with a bully. Well done!

#64 of 111 OFFLINE   Charlie Campisi

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter

• 1,525 posts

Posted October 09 2013 - 05:05 PM

Maybe it's only because the two themes work well together, but returnees and loved ones works. Redemption Island works. I am really looking forward to the redemption island challenge next week.

And I guess opposites attract for Caleb and Colton, because they are nothing alike. That was a perceptive and bold move. So often, the plan to blindside the tribe leader falls apart. This one should have fallen apart too, as the safe play was Ciera, but I guess the sting of "getting Johned" was too fresh. Great ep.

#65 of 111 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,419 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted October 09 2013 - 08:28 PM

Caleb's move WAS simple, smart...and, obviously, quite effective. 

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#66 of 111 OFFLINE   Charlie Campisi

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter

• 1,525 posts

Posted October 10 2013 - 05:01 AM

Just can't get over how well done that was by Caleb to swing not only the girls on the spot, but win over Vidas on the revote. Great timing.

Also, I have to say that was an unexpected, but very classy exit by Brad. He admitted he made a mistake and told everyone no hard feelings. It might have been gameplay, but we don't see it done that way very often. I guess all those years playing football taught him how to lose with grace.

#67 of 111 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,757 posts

Posted October 10 2013 - 07:40 AM

I think having played NFL games for millions of dollars imparts the perspective of losing with grace.  :D

#68 of 111 OFFLINE   NolanJ

NolanJ

Second Unit

• 451 posts

Posted October 10 2013 - 10:26 AM

Maybe I'm in the minority but I don't think Culpepper was a bully at all. He definitely took a leadership role and often times that is misconstrued as bullying.

I hope he knocks out one of the married members on Redemption Island. Candice's personal attacks were difficult to watch and you would think someone who had played the game before would have a little more grace and integrity than to start flipping birds and making personal attacks.

Culpepper, not that is is relevant at all to this show, is a pretty prominent attorney in the Tampa area.

#69 of 111 OFFLINE   David Weicker

David Weicker

Screenwriter

• 1,616 posts

Posted October 10 2013 - 02:46 PM

I have to say, that has to be one interesting Redemption Island gathering.

#70 of 111 ONLINE   Patrick_S

Patrick_S

Producer

• 3,033 posts

Posted October 10 2013 - 03:52 PM

Maybe I'm in the minority but I don't think Culpepper was a bully at all. He definitely took a leadership role and often times that is misconstrued as bullying.

I agree with you and think it is absurd to call him a bully.

#71 of 111 OFFLINE   Charlie Campisi

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter

• 1,525 posts

Posted October 11 2013 - 06:23 AM

I think having played NFL games for millions of dollars imparts the perspective of losing with grace.  :D

I'd like to think it's all of the years of playing a team sport and learning sportsmanship, not just the time in the nfl making a lot of money. Incidentally, he made a lot of money by regular people standards, but not by nfl standards. He was a late round pick (he was taken in the 10th and they don't even draft past the 7th round anymore) and I don't think ever made $1 million in a single year. He played for 9 years. I'm guessing, but he probably made the league minimum for much of his career.

PS - and I saw the smiley face, Patrick, but just wanted to put out there that he's not a stereotypical spoiled millionaire athlete.

Edited by Charlie Campisi, October 11 2013 - 06:27 AM.

#72 of 111 OFFLINE   Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,179 posts

Posted October 12 2013 - 09:33 AM

I hope he knocks out one of the married members on Redemption Island. Candice's personal attacks were difficult to watch and you would think someone who had played the game before would have a little more grace and integrity than to start flipping birds and making personal attacks.

Culpepper, not that is is relevant at all to this show, is a pretty prominent attorney in the Tampa area.

Agree with you on that one. Just because some body got "johned. most off them see, to have been group decisions. Other than that woman constantly bitching about "Culpepper" I think he's playing a fair game, just using good strategy.

Stan

#73 of 111 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,419 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted October 23 2013 - 08:12 PM

[survivor producer]  Hey!  I've got an idea!

You know what would make for some really interesting television?  I mean, we really need to spice up this whole Redemption Island thing, right? 

Whaddya say we have the three contestants walk on a balance beam, untie bags of--wait for it--puzzle pieces.  But HERE'S the best part.  These won't really be puzzle pieces.  They'll be tiles numbered 1 through 100.  And you know what they'll have to do?!?  Put the tiles in numerical order!  Wow!  Won't that be exciting?!?

The ratings will be through the roof!  Especially in that highly coveted demographic of three-year-olds who are learning their numbers. 

It's gonna be great.  Putting numbers in numerical order!  YES!!! [/survivor producer]

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#74 of 111 OFFLINE   ChristopherG

ChristopherG

Screenwriter

• 1,501 posts

Posted October 24 2013 - 03:19 AM

^^^  :lol:

Plus - the HII is completely worthless this season apparently.  I know many are ok with that, but it seems like a complete waste of time allowing the RI winner to "gift" the clue to someone whom they want to see lose and then see said giftee promptly burn the clue in the fire.

Kudos to Vitas for knowing how to manipulate women by being "vulnerable."

It takes 52 pounds of pressure to rupture an eyeball... :blink:

#75 of 111 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,419 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted October 24 2013 - 08:43 AM

Kudos to Vitas for knowing how to manipulate women by being "vulnerable."

But then he wrecked it by admitting to it at tribal council.  That's a clear violation of the man code.  :laugh:

#76 of 111 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,757 posts

Posted October 24 2013 - 10:29 AM

Vidas basically "Chris'd" his way off of RI.

#77 of 111 ONLINE   John Stell

John Stell

Supporting Actor

• 848 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted October 29 2013 - 12:57 PM

[survivor producer]  Hey!  I've got an idea!

You know what would make for some really interesting television?  I mean, we really need to spice up this whole Redemption Island thing, right? 

Whaddya say we have the three contestants walk on a balance beam, untie bags of--wait for it--puzzle pieces.  But HERE'S the best part.  These won't really be puzzle pieces.  They'll be tiles numbered 1 through 100.  And you know what they'll have to do?!?  Put the tiles in numerical order!  Wow!  Won't that be exciting?!?

The ratings will be through the roof!  Especially in that highly coveted demographic of three-year-olds who are learning their numbers. 

It's gonna be great.  Putting numbers in numerical order!  YES!!! [/survivor producer]

Not only that, we'll divide the numbers over 3 bags so it won't be too overwhelming.

"...you would not understand...You do not...have...daughters."

#78 of 111 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,419 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted October 29 2013 - 04:03 PM

Not only that, we'll divide the numbers over 3 bags so it won't be too overwhelming.

:laugh:

My wife said that!  She noted that it maybe...maybe...maybe...could have led to an interesting race against each other if they had to unload all three bags at the end of the event and that maybe the pressure would have caused someone to screw up, but...

...nah.  It still wouldn't have made any difference.  I still wonder who ever would have greenlighted that nonsense.

Here's what Dalton Ross wrote in his Survivor episode recap on Entertainment Weekly:

The (competition) involves racing across a balance beam while collecting bags of number tiles which must then be arranged in the proper order of 1-100. It is seriously the most idiot-proof puzzle in the history of puzzles. You basically have to know how to count and that’s pretty much it.

#79 of 111 OFFLINE   Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,179 posts

Posted November 03 2013 - 08:34 AM

Wish they'd give it a rest with all the "puzzle" challenges. Have they done anything new in the past few years?

Even next week looks like another one of those stunts where they climb a pole and see how long they can stay up, keeping their feet in the little notches carved into the poles. Definitely designed to dump the men because they have bigger feet and can't fit into the little notches for support as well as the women can.

But even that challenge we've seen time after time. Puzzles, tossing things at tiles, untying knots... Time for a little more creativity from the producers, some of this stuff is getting really old and repetitive.

Would like to see Aras or Vitas win, but it's going to be a tough fight, especially with Tina and her daughter still there.

Stan

#80 of 111 OFFLINE   Paul D G

Paul D G

Screenwriter

• 1,610 posts

Posted November 21 2013 - 12:23 AM

I'm pretty sure Monica hasn't eaten a fat juicy hamburger in years. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users