• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 of 20 OFFLINE   Jeffery_H

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor

• 760 posts

Posted July 22 2013 - 06:00 AM

For those that don't know, Cote de Pablo, the actress that plays Ziva on NCIS is leaving the show.

It will take effect immediatly, although she will return as a "guest star" only to wrap up her character on the show. From most accounts, the actress was playing hardball over contract negotiations and wanted far too much money. Mark Harmon tried to tell her to take what they offered and continue to do the show with them to finish it out together as a team. But she wanted to push the offer from thier proposed $200,000 per episode to $225,000. That did not pan out for her and instead they decided to work it into how last season ended and do the show without her.

This is REAL bad news for any "Tiva" fans and it's highly unlikely most think of any real chemistry now between them that wouldn't feel rushed for the sake of doing so. No one knows for sure how they will write her out, only that she is now just a guest star and only have a few shows to wrap up. Will they kill her off too? Will the show be the same without her? How will the chemistry, if any at all be between any new character now?

#2 of 20 OFFLINE   Patrick_S

Patrick_S

Producer

• 3,033 posts

Posted July 22 2013 - 07:17 AM

Thanks for the spoiler right in the thread title, job well done. :)

Edited by Patrick_S, July 22 2013 - 07:28 AM.

#3 of 20 OFFLINE   Steve_Pannell

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor

• 588 posts
  • LocationNew Albany, MS

Posted July 22 2013 - 09:25 AM

I didn't think it was a secret.

We don't know yet HOW she's going to leave. Go back to Israel? Die? Marry Tony and stay at home with the kiddies? :D

#4 of 20 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,310 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted July 22 2013 - 01:12 PM

Yes, her leaving has been in the news for weeks. It's no surprise, nor is the fact that she's returning in the new season for a few episodes to wrap up her character. I'm thinking they'll leave the door open for future guest appearances. If she becomes the new leader of Mossad, that would allow her the occasional visit in the right story.

#5 of 20 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,027 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted July 22 2013 - 01:13 PM

One of my favourite shows....I'll miss her.

:Fun Movie Quotes:

"A good body with a dull brain is as cheap as life itself"   

"Maybe it's a sheep dog... let's keep going" 

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#6 of 20 OFFLINE   Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel

Producer

• 4,748 posts

Posted July 22 2013 - 01:33 PM

Earlier today I was watching episode 1 of season 7 where NCIS was looking for a replacement for Ziva.   Probably one of my favorite episodes with Tony basically introducing new viewers (not me - I've been a regular viewer since about 1/2 way through season one) to the show via an extended interrogation sequence.  

Anyway, of the potential candidates from that episode I wouldn't mind seeing Mercedes Masohn return for more than a guest role.  She has the beautiful and brunette parts of the role already covered.  :)

- Walter.

Fidelity to the source should always be the goal for Blu-ray releases.

#7 of 20 OFFLINE   Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,179 posts

Posted July 24 2013 - 11:09 AM

She's got the chemistry with the rest of the cast that really makes the show fun to watch.

Granted the thread title wasn't the greatest, but the news has been out for a while.

Looking forward to how they introduce a new character, hopefully not that EJ Barrett witch. She was awful.

I'll miss Ziva's mangling of the English language, but being the number one show in the US, pretty sure they'll make a wise choice whatever they do.

Stan

#8 of 20 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,310 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted July 24 2013 - 12:34 PM

Looking forward to how they introduce a new character, hopefully not that EJ Barrett witch. She was awful.

I'll miss Ziva's mangling of the English language, but being the number one show in the US, pretty sure they'll make a wise choice whatever they do.

I agree about E.J. Barrett (not that she's a witch but that she shared no chemsitry with Michael Weatherly and was no fun at all for the season she played a recurring character on the show).

I will be eager to see whom they fill the spot with. Maybe they'll have revolving interns like Bones has.

#9 of 20 OFFLINE   Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,179 posts

Posted July 24 2013 - 04:49 PM

It would be fun to see Agent Dornigan (the gay guy) come back into the group, but have a feeling they'll go with a woman, because that only leaves Abby with an all male cast.

Although rotating agents like Bones does with interns would be fun, just to stir things up a bit.

Stan

#10 of 20 OFFLINE   Afiger

Afiger

Agent

• 43 posts

Posted July 24 2013 - 06:51 PM

Man, these people want so much money! I can't even imagine what I would do with $200,000. I mean really, she basically asked them to raise her salary by the same amount that some people make in a year. Seems selfish and ridiculous, hope they end her time on the show well.

#11 of 20 OFFLINE   Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming

Producer

• 4,330 posts

Posted July 27 2013 - 12:07 AM

Man, these people want so much money! I can't even imagine what I would do with $200,000. I mean really, she basically asked them to raise her salary by the same amount that some people make in a year. Seems selfish and ridiculous, hope they end her time on the show well.

Yes, but on the other hand it's a short career, and there's no guarantee she would have gotten another gig anywhere near as lucrative as this one was after it ended either.  Also, we don't know what the others, in particular Weatherly and Murray, were getting (Harmon as the lead, and as a producer, would be paid much more).  Of course, now she's overplayed her hand and that's it anyway.

#12 of 20 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,027 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted July 27 2013 - 12:46 AM

Where does it say she is leaving because she wanted more money. ?

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#13 of 20 OFFLINE   Josh Dial

Josh Dial

Screenwriter

• 2,590 posts

Posted July 27 2013 - 06:13 AM

Where does it say she is leaving because she wanted more money. ?

In (the original poster) Jeffrey's second paragraph, second-to-last sentence.

#14 of 20 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,027 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted July 27 2013 - 09:53 AM

In (the original poster) Jeffrey's second paragraph, second-to-last sentence.

They should have just paid her the extra $25,000, it's miniscule compared to what the show makes for the network.

Edited by FoxyMulder, July 27 2013 - 09:53 AM.

#15 of 20 OFFLINE   Josh Dial

Josh Dial

Screenwriter

• 2,590 posts

Posted July 27 2013 - 10:37 AM

They should have just paid her the extra $25,000, it's miniscule compared to what the show makes for the network.

I wasn't commenting either way--simply showing where the reason was in the OP.  I'm sure it was slightly more complicated than 25k, but I'm inclined to agree with you.

• FoxyMulder likes this

#16 of 20 OFFLINE   Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel

Producer

• 4,748 posts

Posted July 27 2013 - 06:16 PM

CBS seems to take a pretty hard line regarding salary negotiations.  Two of the more high profile cases where jobs were potentially on the line involved Brad Garret on Everybody Loves Raymond and Jorja Fox and George Eads on CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, if I recall correctly.

- Walter.

Edited by Walter Kittel, July 27 2013 - 06:16 PM.

Fidelity to the source should always be the goal for Blu-ray releases.

#17 of 20 OFFLINE   Jeffery_H

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor

• 760 posts

Posted August 03 2013 - 10:15 PM

The current issue of EW says CBS President Exec and CEO Leslie Moonves, at theTV Critics Association show,  offered Cote "a lot of money" to stay on the show but she wouldn't settle. On the EW "Insider", it says sources also indicated as reported earlier that CBS reached out to Mark Harmon, but she wanted to "move on".

EW writer said "This is not the first time for this show, Sasha Alexandar (Kate) wanted to leave after complaining about numerous issues she had on the set. While not quite on a black list like other stars have been, only recently have we seen her again as a guest for a couple of flash backs on the show. Does this mean Cote de Pablo will be seen as a whiner or difficult to work with? Who knows? But she didn't do herself any favors by the way the situation was handled with such a long amount of time already spent on the character and show."

Edited by Jeffery_H, August 03 2013 - 10:15 PM.

#18 of 20 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,027 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted August 04 2013 - 03:49 AM

The current issue of EW says CBS President Exec and CEO Leslie Moonves, at theTV Critics Association show,  offered Cote "a lot of money" to stay on the show but she wouldn't settle. On the EW "Insider", it says sources also indicated as reported earlier that CBS reached out to Mark Harmon, but she wanted to "move on".

EW writer said "This is not the first time for this show, Sasha Alexandar (Kate) wanted to leave after complaining about numerous issues she had on the set. While not quite on a black list like other stars have been, only recently have we seen her again as a guest for a couple of flash backs on the show. Does this mean Cote de Pablo will be seen as a whiner or difficult to work with? Who knows? But she didn't do herself any favors by the way the situation was handled with such a long amount of time already spent on the character and show."

This is the first time i have read of Sasha Alexander leaving because of issues on the set, where does the EW writer get his info from and is there proof of this, has she actually spoken out and confirmed this or is it a rumour. ?

#19 of 20 OFFLINE   Jeffery_H

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor

• 760 posts

Posted August 04 2013 - 06:36 AM

This is the first time i have read of Sasha Alexander leaving because of issues on the set, where does the EW writer get his info from and is there proof of this, has she actually spoken out and confirmed this or is it a rumour. ?

No, this was mentioned long ago, not about people but how the show was produced and such long hours. It was something she did not want to do because it was "too tiring", "long hours", for her and "she didn't expect it to last more than a year" (direct quote from her statement). All the EW writer was referring to was her past comments and new comments about not regretting leaving the show, nothing more.

#20 of 20 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,027 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted August 04 2013 - 06:50 AM

No, this was mentioned long ago, not about people but how the show was produced and such long hours. It was something she did not want to do because it was "too tiring", "long hours", for her and "she didn't expect it to last more than a year" (direct quote from her statement). All the EW writer was referring to was her past comments and new comments about not regretting leaving the show, nothing more.

I have read that about the hours, when i read the issues part of the post i was thinking conflict with other cast members which would have seemed unlikely as they all spoke well of her.  Thanks for clarifying that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users