Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

What do I do with these couches?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Elfmaze

Elfmaze

Stunt Coordinator

• 57 posts

Posted June 23 2013 - 04:11 PM

I have a couch dilemma.  I have a set of This End Up Living room furniture similar to these.

this_end_up_solid_wood_living_room_set_c

The Things Are built like tanks.  And its a matching set and all.  They have lasted in my family for ~ 25 yrs and been thru two sets of cushions.  The problem is,  I'm not exactly sold on the styling and the Cushions are back up for replacement.  

They are comfortable enough,  But Do I put $600 into a set of couches that will last at least 10-15yrs more.    Or do I plan to spend $1500+ on a sectional or theater seating row that may only last 5-10 years and be completely shot?   

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Bobofbone

Bobofbone

Stunt Coordinator

• 157 posts

Posted June 24 2013 - 06:57 PM

There's a lot of "it depends". How comfortable are they, and what's your budget? Do you like them? Will they do as something temporary, until when you are nearly finished? Does somebody else in the family want them?

We had some furniture my wife liked, that I didn't find comfortable. She made the suggestion that I consider using it, but my backside said no. My daughter wanted it, and now, I'm sure it's happy in it's new home.

• hyghwayman likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users