What's new

More John Ford on Blu-ray? (1 Viewer)

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor
Anyone know of any additional John Ford films in the pipeline for Blu-ray?

My number one Ford film for Blu-ray is She Wore a Yellow Ribbon but I assume it would need an entirely new restored master for Blu-ray transfer. My dream is that WB restores it and debuts the restoration at the TCM festival followed shortly thereafter by the Blu-ray release. :)

Warner Archive Instant Streaming is now showing Wagon Master in high definition. (I am too technologically impaired to figure out how to watch this on my TV.) So I'm wondering if there is now a high def master suitable for Blu-ray.

Also would love:

Wee Willie Winkie
My Darling Clementine
3 Godfathers
Mogambo
They Were Expendable
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
Cheyenne Autumn

And a re-do of The Searchers.

Actually I would welcome any Ford film on Blu-ray but the list above is the ones I would most like.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
PaulaJ said:
Anyone know of any additional John Ford films in the pipeline for Blu-ray?

My number one Ford film for Blu-ray is She Wore a Yellow Ribbon but I assume it would need an entirely new restored master for Blu-ray transfer. My dream is that WB restores it and debuts the restoration at the TCM festival followed shortly thereafter by the Blu-ray release. :)

Warner Archive Instant Streaming is now showing Wagon Master in high definition. (I am too technologically impaired to figure out how to watch this on my TV.) So I'm wondering if there is now a high def master suitable for Blu-ray.

Also would love:

Wee Willie Winkie
My Darling Clementine
3 Godfathers
Mogambo
They Were Expendable
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
Cheyenne Autumn

And a re-do of The Searchers.

Actually I would welcome any Ford film on Blu-ray but the list above is the ones I would most like.
You can get The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence from UK Amazon and it's region free.

kingofthejungle

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Heath
I'll buy any John Ford film on Blu-Ray. So far we have: The Searchers: color is wrong, needs to be redoneStagecoach: excellent, considering elements.The Horse Soldiers: OKThe Grapes of Wrath: pretty good.How Green Was My Valley: excellentRio Grande: very goodFort Apache: very goodThe Sun Shines Bright: SuperbThe Quiet Man: pretty good, depending on who you askHow The West Was Won: ExcellentThe Man Who Shot Liberty Valance (Europe): Doesn't look like film, needs to be redoneDrums Along The Mohawk (R2): 1080i, haven't seen itMy most wanted Blu-Rays are:My Darling Clementine (both cuts)A good version of Liberty ValancePrisoner of Shark IslandYoung Mr. LincolnTwo Rode Together

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
kingofthejungle said:
I'll buy any John Ford film on Blu-Ray. So far we have:The Searchers: color is wrong, needs to be redoneStagecoach: excellent, considering elements.The Horse Soldiers: OKThe Grapes of Wrath: pretty good.How Green Was My Valley: excellentRio Grande: very goodFort Apache: very goodThe Sun Shines Bright: SuperbThe Quiet Man: pretty good, depending on who you askHow The West Was Won: ExcellentThe Man Who Shot Liberty Valance (Europe): Doesn't look like film, needs to be redoneDrums Along The Mohawk (R2): 1080i, haven't seen itMy most wanted Blu-Rays are:My Darling Clementine (both cuts)A good version of Liberty ValancePrisoner of Shark IslandYoung Mr. LincolnTwo Rode Together
Drums Along The Mohawk BD R2 has a nice image, although shadows tend to be crushed. The audio has a weird out-of-phase sound throughout.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks