Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

American Horror Story: Coven

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#41 of 125 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,654 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted October 24 2013 - 04:44 AM

I watch a lot of sick shit on TV but even by my low standards, this was one messed up episode so I can't imagine what a normal viewer thinks when they watch this show. Incestuous semi-necrophilia, minotaur sex, throat cutting, a jar of semen used in a voodoo ceremony, a girl with Down Syndrome talking about sex and a chick saying Christianity is a fake, that her saying "panties" would make a guy jizz his jeans & that religious people are the biggest perverts of all. How the hell is this show popular? :)

I usually don't like real show-y camera work but they're going so big that they're bordering on operatic so I can't help but enjoy it.

Delphine being upset over President Obama was darkly hilarious.

I'm guessing/hoping that Madison isn't really dead.

#42 of 125 OFFLINE   MarkMel

MarkMel

Screenwriter

• 1,559 posts

Posted October 24 2013 - 09:20 AM

I don't think Madison is fully dead "only mostly dead" ;-)

Jessica Lange continues to act the sh*t out of every season of this show and this season is no exception. I't always a joy to watch when she's on the screen.

On the sick-o-meter this week;

The minotaur scene

Mare Winningham with her deadish Son/not son

The fertility ceremony

But that's why I watch this show, and they couldn't have timed the airing better. This time of the year is when I start looking for some good horror movies and this fits right in.

"and no one seems to understand the glory of guitar, when out of tune, the off timing, the singers who can't sing, - the beauty of flaw!"

"I apologize if there is anyone in this room I have not offended" - Brahms

My Band - Charlie Don't Surf! https://www.facebook...arlieDontSurfCT

#43 of 125 OFFLINE   JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,576 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted October 24 2013 - 12:03 PM

Man, that was WRONG in so many ways.  LOL.  Great episode.  And I love that they're not just confined to 1 hour if there's a lot of story to tell.

Can't believe Madison won't be back somehow, since Roberts is listed on the opening credits.  Gabourey, I'm not so sure about.  I love Queenie, so I hope she's not gone. 

#44 of 125 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,598 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted October 26 2013 - 10:58 AM

My recording cut off with Jessica Lange dumping her booze at the bar. What happened after that?

So far, this season has really played down the scary and played up the twisted. Not that there's anything wrong with that. (And props to the show for the most obscene application of the voodoo doll phenomenon yet)

The big surprise in the cast so far for me has been Emma Roberts. I've never thought much about her acting abilities, but she's been pretty great here so far.

Nice to see the always-great Christine Ebersole pop up as the former Supreme that Jessica Lange (violently) succeeded.

And, man, Sarah Paulson's been screwed over by her mother eight ways to Sunday on this show, hasn't she?

#45 of 125 OFFLINE   JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,576 posts

Posted October 26 2013 - 05:07 PM

My recording cut off with Jessica Lange dumping her booze at the bar. What happened after that? So far, this season has really played down the scary and played up the twisted. Not that there's anything wrong with that. (And props to the show for the most obscene application of the voodoo doll phenomenon yet) The big surprise in the cast so far for me has been Emma Roberts. I've never thought much about her acting abilities, but she's been pretty great here so far. Nice to see the always-great Christine Ebersole pop up as the former Supreme that Jessica Lange (violently) succeeded. And, man, Sarah Paulson's been screwed over by her mother eight ways to Sunday on this show, hasn't she?

LOVED seeing Christine Ebersole!  I hadn't heard she was going to appear, so that was a delightful surprise. The episode went for an hour and 15 minutes and in the last 15 minutes or so (forgive me if you saw some of these scenes before the cutoff):

Spoiler

Edited by JohnMor, October 26 2013 - 05:10 PM.

#46 of 125 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,598 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted October 26 2013 - 06:30 PM

Thanks, John! :thumbsup: Given that Emma Roberts is a series regular, I'm guessing we haven't seen the last of Madison. On the other hand, Gabourey Sidibe was credited as "Special Guest Star" so we just might have seen the last of her.

#47 of 125 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,654 posts

Posted October 26 2013 - 06:37 PM

Chloe Sevigny was a guest star last year, right?

I'm sure Emma Roberts is going to be back. Since voodoo is in the mix, I'm guessing she'll return as a white zombie (rather than the flesh eating Romero kind) but MAYBE having her in the main cast was a smoke screen to surprise people when she died so early on.

Edited by TravisR, October 26 2013 - 06:38 PM.

#48 of 125 OFFLINE   Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter

• 1,263 posts

Posted October 26 2013 - 10:12 PM

This season is definitely twisted. Enjoying it so far.
My DVD Collection

#49 of 125 OFFLINE   JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,576 posts

Posted October 26 2013 - 10:57 PM

Add in to the mix that we have a Stevie Nicks-loving witch who can breathe life back into creatures and all bets are really off.  LOL. 

#50 of 125 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,654 posts

Posted October 31 2013 - 07:56 AM

I kinda doubt it was intentional but the opening teaser with a group of wronged people getting violent revenge via reanimated corpses was like seeing an EC Comic come to life. Since it was quick and to the point, it was more like the EC Comics than even the Tales From The Crypt TV series was.

#51 of 125 OFFLINE   JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,576 posts

Posted October 31 2013 - 08:22 AM

Things are heatin' up!  What a place to leave it! LOL

#52 of 125 OFFLINE   dana martin

dana martin

Screenwriter

• 2,014 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Posted October 31 2013 - 05:39 PM

i keep waiting, to see what they are going to do with Kathy Bates, good so far, but she needs to become a threat.

this season is twisted, in all the right ways........

Playing at the Drive In

Quote:Welles, Kubrick, Hitchcock, Spielberg, Jackson, Wood ?? a true Auteur should be one who follows his artistic vision

#53 of 125 OFFLINE   JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,576 posts

Posted November 07 2013 - 09:44 AM

Wow.  Fiona is one bad-ass witch.  And I had to laugh out loud at Spalding in his room with the Lysol.  :lol:  

#54 of 125 OFFLINE   dana martin

dana martin

Screenwriter

• 2,014 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Posted November 08 2013 - 02:30 PM

Wow.  Fiona is one bad-ass witch.  And I had to laugh out loud at Spalding in his room with the Lysol.  :lol:  

I wonder what they got paid in product placement for that, instead of Febreze

Playing at the Drive In

Quote:Welles, Kubrick, Hitchcock, Spielberg, Jackson, Wood ?? a true Auteur should be one who follows his artistic vision

#55 of 125 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,598 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted November 09 2013 - 06:54 PM

I wonder what they got paid in product placement for that, instead of Febreze

Hehe. Something tells me that "hides the smell of rotting corpses" isn't exactly a brand association they're screaming for.I had "Evil Dead" flashbacks in the best possible way when you think the clairvoyant with Down's syndrome and the boy next door are screwed and Zoe pops up out of nowhere and starts mowing all of the zombies down with a chainsaw.

Edited by Adam Lenhardt, November 09 2013 - 06:55 PM.

#56 of 125 OFFLINE   JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,576 posts

Posted November 13 2013 - 08:46 PM

So many great twists... and lines. "Do I look like the Taliban to you?!" "When I plant a fat-assed cracker bitch, I expect her to stay planted!"And I love Queenie's laugh after she used the spatula.

Edited by JohnMor, November 13 2013 - 08:48 PM.

#57 of 125 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,654 posts

Posted November 14 2013 - 04:58 AM

I guess it's because he was never caught but that Axeman Of New Orleans story is pretty creepy. Speaking of New Orleans, I love any time that they're outside and you can see the city because the locations look so great. Also, I'm glad to see super hot Emma Roberts back.

Pointless fact: Meryl Streep's daughter (Grace Gummer) was playing the lead student in the 1919 sequence.

"When I plant a fat-assed cracker bitch, I expect her to stay planted!"

That was pretty funny.

#58 of 125 OFFLINE   dana martin

dana martin

Screenwriter

• 2,014 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Posted November 14 2013 - 10:02 AM

score another class act, love Danny Houston! great choice

Playing at the Drive In

#59 of 125 OFFLINE   dana martin

dana martin

Screenwriter

• 2,014 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Posted November 14 2013 - 10:31 AM

Hehe. Something tells me that "hides the smell of rotting corpses" isn't exactly a brand association they're screaming for.

Naw, just the smell of rotting garbage, according to the commercials :lol:

add to that, the not quite "Charmed" moment towards the end, waiting to see what happens next 

Edited by dana martin, November 14 2013 - 11:04 AM.

Playing at the Drive In

#60 of 125 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,654 posts

Posted November 17 2013 - 03:21 PM

Am I the only one who would like to see these characters continue into another season? I'm sure that'll become an impossibility when a majority of them are dead before the end of this season but I'd be into a new story with them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users