Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Army to use cats as special forces

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Dennis Nicholls

Dennis Nicholls

Lead Actor

• 8,174 posts
  • LocationBoise, ID

Posted April 01 2013 - 11:59 AM

This makes a lot of sense to me.....kitties are great at sneaking around in the dark......

http://www.army.mil/...The_Old_Guard_/

Soldiers around the regiment have been doing their part to support the program by capturing stray cats in their neighborhoods and bringing them into the detachment located on Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall, Va. More than 100 cats have been collected since the program started earlier this month. The cats will have to go through a screening process to determine their "trainability." They will be assessed with regard to how quickly they learn tasks, what motivates them (play versus food), and their sociability. Cats that cannot be motivated to take direction, or that do not get along with humans or other animals, will be ejected from the program.

Feline videophiles Condoleezza and Dukie.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,060 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted April 01 2013 - 02:18 PM

My cat has already enrolled into the SAS, she took her first parachute jump a few weeks back and is currently learning how to survive on just insects and water.  I have to say she is a tough cookie, she took me by surprise yesterday, i didn't see her, she was totally at one with her surroundings and just blended in, anyways she leaped on me and had one claw at my throat, i only survived because she loves me, those SAS are training her well and i hope to use her as my foreign language translator sometime in the future.

:Fun Movie Quotes:

"A good body with a dull brain is as cheap as life itself"   

"Maybe it's a sheep dog... let's keep going" 

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,575 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted April 02 2013 - 07:15 AM

I don't think this will be successful.  Cats are anarchists at heart.   :lol:

Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users