What's new

Army to use cats as special forces (1 Viewer)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
This makes a lot of sense to me.....kitties are great at sneaking around in the dark......

http://www.army.mil/article/99764/Military_working_cat_program_underway_at__The_Old_Guard_/
Soldiers around the regiment have been doing their part to support the program by capturing stray cats in their neighborhoods and bringing them into the detachment located on Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall, Va. More than 100 cats have been collected since the program started earlier this month.
The cats will have to go through a screening process to determine their "trainability." They will be assessed with regard to how quickly they learn tasks, what motivates them (play versus food), and their sociability. Cats that cannot be motivated to take direction, or that do not get along with humans or other animals, will be ejected from the program.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
My cat has already enrolled into the SAS, she took her first parachute jump a few weeks back and is currently learning how to survive on just insects and water. I have to say she is a tough cookie, she took me by surprise yesterday, i didn't see her, she was totally at one with her surroundings and just blended in, anyways she leaped on me and had one claw at my throat, i only survived because she loves me, those SAS are training her well and i hope to use her as my foreign language translator sometime in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks