-

Photo
- - - - -

Is there not a Mary Tyler Moore box set?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 OFFLINE   dheianevans

dheianevans

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted March 21 2013 - 11:26 PM

The missus asked me about this and I began Googling. I saw an announcement of a Mary Tyler Moore complete series back in 2009, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Did the release fall through?

#2 of 12 OFFLINE   moviepas

moviepas

Second Unit

• 429 posts

Posted March 22 2013 - 03:26 AM

Never happened to date.

#3 of 12 OFFLINE   Garysb

Garysb

Screenwriter

• 1,431 posts

Posted March 22 2013 - 07:52 AM

When Fox first announced the complete series box set, individual season sets for the later seasons had not yet been released. They was alot of negative feedback from people complaining they would have to double dip on the first seasons in order to get the entire series. Fox apparently changed their minds and just released the remaining seasons individually.  No box set. A shame this series didn't get the same treetment as the Dick Van Dyke Show.

#4 of 12 OFFLINE   dheianevans

dheianevans

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted March 22 2013 - 04:06 PM

Okay, thanks for the info.

#5 of 12 OFFLINE   David Rain

David Rain

Screenwriter

• 1,095 posts

Posted March 23 2013 - 10:11 PM

If enough fans had bought the individual season sets then there would not have been a problem.

Still Turning the Beat Around at Our Cool New Pad

Retro Remixes

#6 of 12 OFFLINE   DaveHof2

DaveHof2

Stunt Coordinator

• 137 posts

Posted April 02 2013 - 07:24 PM

I can live without a series set, but I wish they would have kept the quality up on the season set packaging - the first four look great on the shelf and the last three were as no-frills crappy as the worst public domain set. That's no way to treat a classic series.

#7 of 12 OFFLINE   Kasey

Kasey

Second Unit

• 277 posts

Posted April 03 2013 - 08:58 AM

Before Xmas last year I did see complete series set at Costco (they also had one for "Reba") so it must have been an exclusive. Both sets were around $75 and the MTM set had the S1 cover art in a longer rectangular box. I just looked on eBay but there are none for sale there.

#8 of 12 OFFLINE   JMFabianoRPL

JMFabianoRPL

Stunt Coordinator

• 219 posts

Posted April 04 2013 - 04:42 PM

When Fox first announced the complete series box set, individual season sets for the later seasons had not yet been released. They was alot of negative feedback from people complaining they would have to double dip on the first seasons in order to get the entire series. Fox apparently changed their minds and just released the remaining seasons individually.  No box set. A shame this series didn't get the same treetment as the Dick Van Dyke Show.

This.  But what's interesting is that they released S5-7 in the smaller cases, and re-released the earlier seasons in the same ones.  If I didn't know better, this might have been the casing the CDs would have been in had they been part of a series set.  (they're also simplified in that each has the episode titles in the case.  So I wonder if there would have been a booklet with details) 

At least we got the whole series either way, I guess.  Fox seems to be ashamed of the MTM library. 

CBS = Constantly Butchering Shows.

#9 of 12 OFFLINE   rmw650

rmw650

Supporting Actor

• 963 posts

Posted April 05 2013 - 01:58 PM

I'm still holding out hope that someone or anyone (doesn't have to be Shout) completes Rhoda S5 and allows the fans a complete series of that show.

#10 of 12 OFFLINE   JMFabianoRPL

JMFabianoRPL

Stunt Coordinator

• 219 posts

Posted April 09 2013 - 01:50 PM

I'm still holding out hope that someone or anyone (doesn't have to be Shout) completes Rhoda S5 and allows the fans a complete series of that show.

Again, this.  I know S5 is past shark jump era to some (and if anything, that version of the theme song stunk), but still.  Given recent current events, it would make Valerie Harper proud. 

#11 of 12 OFFLINE   rmw650

rmw650

Supporting Actor

• 963 posts

Posted April 09 2013 - 02:34 PM

Exactly and it's only 13 episodes to boot so why not just simply finish the series and allow us fans to complete the set? The show no longer airs on TV anymore and SHOUT has been dragging their arms and tails across for many years on this release, so if they can't do it, then find a company that can. 

#12 of 12 OFFLINE   JMFabianoRPL

JMFabianoRPL

Stunt Coordinator

• 219 posts

Posted April 09 2013 - 04:39 PM

Exactly and it's only 13 episodes to boot so why not just simply finish the series and allow us fans to complete the set? The show no longer airs on TV anymore and SHOUT has been dragging their arms and tails across for many years on this release, so if they can't do it, then find a company that can. 

Also, if they get the rights to it, they should include the "Carlton Your Doorman" cartoon, which I believe has not been seen outside of its original broadcast or the Paley Center.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users