Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Warm Bodies - quick review

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,842 posts

Posted March 04 2013 - 04:42 AM

Totally forgot to review this film. Yes, "Warm Bodies" is yet another zombie apocalypse movie. This time, it's got a Romeo and Juliet vibe to it as a male zombie suddenly gets the hots for a human girl after consuming the boyfriend's brains, and the awkward courtship ensues. Plot-wise, it sounds silly, but the script and performances by the 2 leads (Nicholas Hoult and Teresa Palmer) were solid, and I enjoyed it for being a genre movie with enough heart to it. I give it 2.75 stars, or a grade of B- (decent matinee or rental down the line).
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,343 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted March 05 2013 - 02:49 PM

Actually, R is attracted to Julie moments before he eats the BF's brains (not a sentence I ever expected to write). I found this movie entertaining on all levels. It's got some chills, good acting, laughs and a romance. All-in-all, the best zombie rom-com I've seen. :) I'd give it a solid B, maybe a B+.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,842 posts

Posted March 06 2013 - 03:39 AM

Ah, okay, it's been a few weeks since I saw it.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,343 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted March 06 2013 - 06:28 AM

I wasn't saying that eating his brains didn't have an effect, it did. Just the when R enters the room he and Julie lock eyes before the BF is attacked.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,842 posts

Posted March 06 2013 - 08:02 AM

I would hope if I were a zombie that Teresa Palmer would have the same effect on me. :D

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter

• 1,257 posts

Posted March 15 2013 - 01:15 AM

Both me and the wife liked this one also...... Solid "B" here. For some reason the line "Nailed It" struck a cord with me and I could not stop laughing. The delivery and the scene as a whole, was freaking funny to me. Good movie and a nice twist on the zombie movement....
My DVD Collection

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users