Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Warm Bodies - quick review

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,625 posts

Posted March 04 2013 - 04:42 AM

Totally forgot to review this film. Yes, "Warm Bodies" is yet another zombie apocalypse movie. This time, it's got a Romeo and Juliet vibe to it as a male zombie suddenly gets the hots for a human girl after consuming the boyfriend's brains, and the awkward courtship ensues. Plot-wise, it sounds silly, but the script and performances by the 2 leads (Nicholas Hoult and Teresa Palmer) were solid, and I enjoyed it for being a genre movie with enough heart to it. I give it 2.75 stars, or a grade of B- (decent matinee or rental down the line).
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#2 of 6 Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,008 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted March 05 2013 - 02:49 PM

Actually, R is attracted to Julie moments before he eats the BF's brains (not a sentence I ever expected to write). I found this movie entertaining on all levels. It's got some chills, good acting, laughs and a romance. All-in-all, the best zombie rom-com I've seen. :) I'd give it a solid B, maybe a B+.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#3 of 6 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,625 posts

Posted March 06 2013 - 03:39 AM

Ah, okay, it's been a few weeks since I saw it.

#4 of 6 Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,008 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted March 06 2013 - 06:28 AM

I wasn't saying that eating his brains didn't have an effect, it did. Just the when R enters the room he and Julie lock eyes before the BF is attacked.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#5 of 6 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,625 posts

Posted March 06 2013 - 08:02 AM

I would hope if I were a zombie that Teresa Palmer would have the same effect on me. :D

#6 of 6 Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter

• 1,252 posts

Posted March 15 2013 - 01:15 AM

Both me and the wife liked this one also...... Solid "B" here. For some reason the line "Nailed It" struck a cord with me and I could not stop laughing. The delivery and the scene as a whole, was freaking funny to me. Good movie and a nice twist on the zombie movement....
My DVD Collection

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users