Warm Bodies - quick review

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Patrick Sun, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Totally forgot to review this film. Yes, "Warm Bodies" is yet another zombie apocalypse movie. This time, it's got a Romeo and Juliet vibe to it as a male zombie suddenly gets the hots for a human girl after consuming the boyfriend's brains, and the awkward courtship ensues. Plot-wise, it sounds silly, but the script and performances by the 2 leads (Nicholas Hoult and Teresa Palmer) were solid, and I enjoyed it for being a genre movie with enough heart to it. I give it 2.75 stars, or a grade of B- (decent matinee or rental down the line).

2. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell Played With Dinosaurs Member

Johnny Angell
    Actually, R is attracted to Julie moments before he eats the BF's brains (not a sentence I ever expected to write). I found this movie entertaining on all levels. It's got some chills, good acting, laughs and a romance. All-in-all, the best zombie rom-com I've seen. :) I'd give it a solid B, maybe a B+.

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Ah, okay, it's been a few weeks since I saw it.

4. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell Played With Dinosaurs Member

Johnny Angell
    I wasn't saying that eating his brains didn't have an effect, it did. Just the when R enters the room he and Julie lock eyes before the BF is attacked.

5. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I would hope if I were a zombie that Teresa Palmer would have the same effect on me. :D

6. Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y Screenwriter

Both me and the wife liked this one also...... Solid "B" here. For some reason the line "Nailed It" struck a cord with me and I could not stop laughing. The delivery and the scene as a whole, was freaking funny to me. Good movie and a nice twist on the zombie movement....