What's new

Warm Bodies - quick review (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Totally forgot to review this film. Yes, "Warm Bodies" is yet another zombie apocalypse movie. This time, it's got a Romeo and Juliet vibe to it as a male zombie suddenly gets the hots for a human girl after consuming the boyfriend's brains, and the awkward courtship ensues. Plot-wise, it sounds silly, but the script and performances by the 2 leads (Nicholas Hoult and Teresa Palmer) were solid, and I enjoyed it for being a genre movie with enough heart to it. I give it 2.75 stars, or a grade of B- (decent matinee or rental down the line).

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Actually, R is attracted to Julie moments before he eats the BF's brains (not a sentence I ever expected to write). I found this movie entertaining on all levels. It's got some chills, good acting, laughs and a romance. All-in-all, the best zombie rom-com I've seen. :) I'd give it a solid B, maybe a B+.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I wasn't saying that eating his brains didn't have an effect, it did. Just the when R enters the room he and Julie lock eyes before the BF is attacked.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I would hope if I were a zombie that Teresa Palmer would have the same effect on me. :D

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Both me and the wife liked this one also...... Solid "B" here. For some reason the line "Nailed It" struck a cord with me and I could not stop laughing. The delivery and the scene as a whole, was freaking funny to me. Good movie and a nice twist on the zombie movement....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks