-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Eastwood - Two Mules For Sister Sara and Escape From Alcatraz - blu ray??

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 of 22 Osato

Osato

Screenwriter

• 1,871 posts

Posted February 26 2013 - 09:46 AM

It's really great that so many of Clint Eastwood's films are out on blu ray. Any news or word on Two Mules For Sister Sara and Escape From Alcatraz? I'm holding out hope that they will be out soon!

#2 of 22 Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• 9,712 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted February 26 2013 - 10:23 AM

With Warner currently having a deal to release Paramount Catalog titles, I'm hoping for a mega set of Eastwoods complete work. I doubt we'll ever see it though.

#3 of 22 kagemusha98

kagemusha98

Second Unit

• 267 posts

Posted February 26 2013 - 10:27 AM

Two Mules for Sister Sara was a Universal film. Escape From Alcatraz was released this month in an all region Blu in France.

#4 of 22 ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,664 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted February 26 2013 - 10:48 AM

It would be nice to see an Eastwood Blu-ray Collection from Universal. Two Mules For Sister Sarah, The Beguiled, Coogan's Bluff, High Plains Drifter and Play Misty For Me would be fun.
"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#5 of 22 ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,664 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted February 26 2013 - 10:49 AM

With Warner currently having a deal to release Paramount Catalog titles, I'm hoping for a mega set of Eastwoods complete work. I doubt we'll ever see it though.

Yep they missed out on that.
"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#6 of 22 Osato

Osato

Screenwriter

• 1,871 posts

Posted February 26 2013 - 03:19 PM

Two Mules for Sister Sara was a Universal film. Escape From Alcatraz was released this month in an all region Blu in France.

Good to know. So a US release may be in the not too distant future? Maybe this May or June? Seems that many of Eastwoods films have been issued on blu ray during that time. I hope both titles are in the works for a US blu ray release.

#7 of 22 Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer

Producer

• 5,593 posts

Posted February 27 2013 - 10:25 AM

Warner's rehash box sets are also missing an opportunity to include a blu Bridges of Madison County. Beguiled and High Plains Drifter would be on my list too.

#8 of 22 Anthony Neilson

Anthony Neilson

Tony N

• 1,020 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted February 27 2013 - 07:31 PM

ESCAPE FROM ALCATRAZ will be coming to Blu in the US later this year, according to a Paramount e-mail reply to a member of anothe forum. Both TWO MULES and HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER are scheduled for released in Europe this year, by Universal, so there's a good chance a US release will follow.
I've been going to bed early . . .

#9 of 22 Osato

Osato

Screenwriter

• 1,871 posts

Posted March 01 2013 - 07:28 AM

ESCAPE FROM ALCATRAZ will be coming to Blu in the US later this year, according to a Paramount e-mail reply to a member of anothe forum. Both TWO MULES and HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER are scheduled for released in Europe this year, by Universal, so there's a good chance a US release will follow.

Thank you! May or Summer maybe? Around Clint's birthday or Father's Day?

#10 of 22 aHorseofCourse

aHorseofCourse

Agent

• 30 posts

Posted March 01 2013 - 07:33 AM

It would be nice to see an Eastwood Blu-ray Collection from Universal. Two Mules For Sister Sarah, The Beguiled, Coogan's Bluff, High Plains Drifter and Play Misty For Me would be fun.

That would be an AWESOME collection - Eastwood's apprenticeship with Don Siegel in one box. I haven't seen it, but there is also a Brazilian Blu-ray of "Two Mules for Sister Sara", released last year: http://www.blu-ray.c...-Blu-ray/55633/

#11 of 22 Anthony Neilson

Anthony Neilson

Tony N

• 1,020 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted March 01 2013 - 07:35 AM

Thank you! May or Summer maybe? Around Clint's birthday or Father's Day?

I think ALCATRAZ was mooted as coming in late 2013. No idea if or when the others will arrive.

#12 of 22 Osato

Osato

Screenwriter

• 1,871 posts

Posted March 03 2013 - 08:56 AM

I think ALCATRAZ was mooted as coming in late 2013. No idea if or when the others will arrive.

Thanks. Hopefully both titles are going to be released on blu ray this summer.

#13 of 22 Anthony Neilson

Anthony Neilson

Tony N

• 1,020 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted March 03 2013 - 11:08 AM

ALCATRAZ now confirmed as coming in June to the UK, so the US should announce soon. If not, you can import. I already have the French disk and it's English friendly. Not sure of the region off-hand, but Paramount are usually ok. I warn you now, though, that the transfer is pretty underwhelming. An upgrade from the DVD but far from top-tier. It was never a particularly good-looking film anyway.

#14 of 22 ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,664 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted March 03 2013 - 12:02 PM

I guess this would come from Warners over here. If Paramount licensed Audrey Hepburn out I would guess they would do the same to Clint.

#15 of 22 Osato

Osato

Screenwriter

• 1,871 posts

Posted March 03 2013 - 12:45 PM

ALCATRAZ now confirmed as coming in June to the UK, so the US should announce soon. If not, you can import. I already have the French disk and it's English friendly. Not sure of the region off-hand, but Paramount are usually ok. I warn you now, though, that the transfer is pretty underwhelming. An upgrade from the DVD but far from top-tier. It was never a particularly good-looking film anyway.

Thanks again for the post! Hopefully a new transfer is being done for the US and UK releases!!

#16 of 22 Dave H

Dave H

Producer

• 5,265 posts

Posted March 03 2013 - 01:07 PM

Paramount generally puts little effort in most catalog titles. There are some exceptions with the older classic stuff, but outside of that they are bottom tier compared to Fox, Warner, and some others.

#17 of 22 Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek

Screenwriter

• 2,041 posts

Posted March 04 2013 - 01:15 AM

HDNet Movies aired TMFSS a couple of months ago. The transfer didn't look all that great as typical with Universal.

#18 of 22 Osato

Osato

Screenwriter

• 1,871 posts

Posted March 04 2013 - 06:55 AM

Hopefully there is some studio information and announcements on the two films coming to blu ray soon.

#19 of 22 Osato

Osato

Screenwriter

• 1,871 posts

Posted March 10 2013 - 02:16 AM

That was quick. May 6th for Two Mules For Sister Sara.. http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=10648

#20 of 22 Anthony Neilson

Anthony Neilson

Tony N

• 1,020 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted March 10 2013 - 10:32 AM

That was quick. May 6th for Two Mules For Sister Sara.. http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=10648

In the UK, though; along with the mediocre JOE KIDD. And HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER has been confirmed as coming soon by a Universal rep. You can see HD clips of that on one of the generic featurettes that appeared on the Uni 100th editions (I forget which featurette it was). Looks great, from what I saw. But that still leaves prime Eastwood like COOGAN'S BLUFF, THE BEGUILED, THE EIGER SANCTION, THUNDERBOLT AND LIGHTFOOT and PLAY MISTY FOR ME unaccounted for. And shame on WB for releasing a huge Eastwood box set and not bothering to upgrade BRONCO BILLY, BIRD or TIGHTROPE. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users