What's new

Eastwood - Two Mules For Sister Sara and Escape From Alcatraz - blu ray?? (1 Viewer)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
It's really great that so many of Clint Eastwood's films are out on blu ray. Any news or word on Two Mules For Sister Sara and Escape From Alcatraz? I'm holding out hope that they will be out soon!

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
With Warner currently having a deal to release Paramount Catalog titles, I'm hoping for a mega set of Eastwoods complete work. I doubt we'll ever see it though.

kagemusha98

Second Unit
Real Name
Ken Koc
Two Mules for Sister Sara was a Universal film. Escape From Alcatraz was released this month in an all region Blu in France.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
It would be nice to see an Eastwood Blu-ray Collection from Universal. Two Mules For Sister Sarah, The Beguiled, Coogan's Bluff, High Plains Drifter and Play Misty For Me would be fun.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Russell G said:
With Warner currently having a deal to release Paramount Catalog titles, I'm hoping for a mega set of Eastwoods complete work. I doubt we'll ever see it though.
Yep they missed out on that.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
kagemusha98 said:
Two Mules for Sister Sara was a Universal film. Escape From Alcatraz was released this month in an all region Blu in France.
Good to know. So a US release may be in the not too distant future? Maybe this May or June? Seems that many of Eastwoods films have been issued on blu ray during that time. I hope both titles are in the works for a US blu ray release.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Warner's rehash box sets are also missing an opportunity to include a blu Bridges of Madison County. Beguiled and High Plains Drifter would be on my list too.

Real Name
Anthony
ESCAPE FROM ALCATRAZ will be coming to Blu in the US later this year, according to a Paramount e-mail reply to a member of anothe forum. Both TWO MULES and HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER are scheduled for released in Europe this year, by Universal, so there's a good chance a US release will follow.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Anthony Neilson said:
ESCAPE FROM ALCATRAZ will be coming to Blu in the US later this year, according to a Paramount e-mail reply to a member of anothe forum. Both TWO MULES and HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER are scheduled for released in Europe this year, by Universal, so there's a good chance a US release will follow.
Thank you! May or Summer maybe? Around Clint's birthday or Father's Day?

Real Name
Wilbur Post
ahollis said:
It would be nice to see an Eastwood Blu-ray Collection from Universal. Two Mules For Sister Sarah, The Beguiled, Coogan's Bluff, High Plains Drifter and Play Misty For Me would be fun.
That would be an AWESOME collection - Eastwood's apprenticeship with Don Siegel in one box. I haven't seen it, but there is also a Brazilian Blu-ray of "Two Mules for Sister Sara", released last year: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Two-Mules-for-Sister-Sara-Blu-ray/55633/

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Anthony Neilson said:
I think ALCATRAZ was mooted as coming in late 2013. No idea if or when the others will arrive.
Thanks. Hopefully both titles are going to be released on blu ray this summer.

Real Name
Anthony
ALCATRAZ now confirmed as coming in June to the UK, so the US should announce soon. If not, you can import. I already have the French disk and it's English friendly. Not sure of the region off-hand, but Paramount are usually ok. I warn you now, though, that the transfer is pretty underwhelming. An upgrade from the DVD but far from top-tier. It was never a particularly good-looking film anyway.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I guess this would come from Warners over here. If Paramount licensed Audrey Hepburn out I would guess they would do the same to Clint.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Anthony Neilson said:
ALCATRAZ now confirmed as coming in June to the UK, so the US should announce soon. If not, you can import. I already have the French disk and it's English friendly. Not sure of the region off-hand, but Paramount are usually ok. I warn you now, though, that the transfer is pretty underwhelming. An upgrade from the DVD but far from top-tier. It was never a particularly good-looking film anyway.
Thanks again for the post! Hopefully a new transfer is being done for the US and UK releases!!

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Paramount generally puts little effort in most catalog titles. There are some exceptions with the older classic stuff, but outside of that they are bottom tier compared to Fox, Warner, and some others.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
HDNet Movies aired TMFSS a couple of months ago. The transfer didn't look all that great as typical with Universal.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Hopefully there is some studio information and announcements on the two films coming to blu ray soon.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
That was quick. May 6th for Two Mules For Sister Sara.. http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=10648

Real Name
Anthony
Osato said:
That was quick. May 6th for Two Mules For Sister Sara.. http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=10648
In the UK, though; along with the mediocre JOE KIDD. And HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER has been confirmed as coming soon by a Universal rep. You can see HD clips of that on one of the generic featurettes that appeared on the Uni 100th editions (I forget which featurette it was). Looks great, from what I saw. But that still leaves prime Eastwood like COOGAN'S BLUFF, THE BEGUILED, THE EIGER SANCTION, THUNDERBOLT AND LIGHTFOOT and PLAY MISTY FOR ME unaccounted for. And shame on WB for releasing a huge Eastwood box set and not bothering to upgrade BRONCO BILLY, BIRD or TIGHTROPE. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks