• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 ghostrydyr

ghostrydyr

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted February 22 2013 - 06:48 AM

hello , first post here, looking for feedback i have a mits 73842 dlp, denon 1513 avr with ba speakers 5.1.. a panasonic, dmp-bdt220 br,, old dell e521 and a few external tb drives, looking for advice on adding the patriot and some hd router that i will use hardwired for the most part,4 ports is plenty, i have one laptop wireless, the rest i want to hard wire for better mbs,,,,,,want to go thru br player to avr to tv for decoding and what not, iam i on the right track?

#2 of 3 Ed Moxley

Ed Moxley

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationEastern NC

Posted February 22 2013 - 10:33 AM

We bought ourselves this Cisco router for Christmas: http://www.amazon.co...ords=Cisco 2500 I had never setup a wireless network before. The instructions in the box walked me through it.......... very easy. I stream movies and tv shows from Amazon Prime with it, through my ps3, to my big screen tv. It does exactly what I want it to do. I'm even able to use my smart phone in my apartment now. I couldn't before (basement apartment). The regular cell phone service didn't work, except by the dining room window. I switched the phone service to WiFi, in it's menus, and now I'm able to make and receive calls anywhere in the house. Good luck.
Samsung HL61A750 (LED DLP)            Onkyo TX-SR805
Oppo BDP-83 Blu ray                                  Polk Audio LSi9
Polk Audio LSiC                                  Sony SS-MB100H
SVS PC12-NSD (Sub)                       ...

#3 of 3 ghostrydyr

ghostrydyr

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted March 02 2013 - 08:28 AM

i just used the one i had and its working fine too, i also upgraded my e521 with 4g memory and a new gt450 nvidia graphics card and a new 600 watt power supply, once i fixed all the graphic issues,hooked it to the avr and mits 73 dlp and holy #$%@,,,, it is killer, with the windows media my files and music and netflix,vudu and all the rest, and another tb of movies,, i wont be able to watch and listen to everything in 100 yrs,,lol,, thats not counting the few regular cable shows i watch, I just ordered a monstercable: 2600 clean power unit for all my stuff, now im going to run the rest of my cables under the house and do a gang box for all my connects,,gonna have to lay off ebay and amazon for a day or 2,,:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users