What's new

Hello, I need some help please! (1 Viewer)

raij

Auditioning
Real Name
John
Hello, I'm new here and looking for some help/ideas/inspiration. I have a buddy at work that has suggested some speakers for me I will list those L/R Polk Audio TSi200, Center Polk Audio TSi-CS10 or CS20, Rear Polk Audio FXi-A4. I still need a receiver and a sub. Will the sub I want to be able to feel the explosions in the games and movies but I don't want my whole has shacking lol My budget for this will be 1200-1500$ for everything I know it won't get me top of the line components but it won't be wall mart cheap either lol. The room this is going in is 12'x'12' with 9' ceilings and this room will be for mostly movies and gaming. I currently have in ceiling speakers that the previous home owner left to play music around the house and outside. If you guys could help me out and point me in the right direction I just don't want to spend that much money then regret it after the fact. Thanks in advance for any and all help!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Among the best AVR deals at the moment are the Pioneer 1022 and 1122 or the Onkyo 515/616. For $300-ish and $400-ish there isn't much else out there to compete. All the new models show up next month and the replacements for those receivers are going to be $450-ish and $600-ish. As for "feel the bass" but "don't want shake"....well those are complete opposite goals.

mpompey

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Michael Pompey
IF you want to "feel" bass but not shake the house, you could add transducers to the seats. Parts Express sell bass shaker pros. These give you the tactile feeling of deep bass rumbles, without having have the sound. But since it is low frequency your brain thinks the bass is heavier than it really is.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
To get a sub up to the point where you feel the bass, you are usually shaking not only the house but everything in it and your neighbors as well. I don't like the feeling of tactile transducers (bass shakers) so I have subs you can feel.

raij

Auditioning
Real Name
John
Okay so I think the receiver I'm going to get is either the Onkyo 616 or Pioneer 1122k then the sub someone suggested I spend a little extra money and get a good sub he suggested the SVS sb1000 I think that still keeps me under budget but at the high end of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks